problem getting certain channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bjohn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
I'm having a problem getting channel 801 (international, Sat 119, transponder 6)

Everytime I tune to the channel, which shows the error 002 message. After about ten minutes of this error message on the screen, I get the picture without any breakups. but If I change the channel again, and go back to 801, I get the 002 screen again, with another ten minute wait. (repeat)

The problem seem to be on 800 also, but 800 shows the error 002 screen for about 30 seconds and the picture comes in without any problems.

It also is happening on some other channels in the 700 range, but I don't really watch these channels.

Check switch : no problem, DP34 switch
I get 117 signal on all transponders from 119 west

I have two 811's and the problem is happening on both 811's

Any ideas?
Thanks

Hmmm...

Look to see if it's happening on even only or odd only transponders. If it's limited to that I'd say it might be the LNBF starting to go out on you... or

Tree branches might be in the way. blocking signal when the wind blows, leaving it clear when the wind is calm.... or

is your dish loose? make sure the top bolt is tightened down.

No it seems to happen for odd and even transponders.
I dunno if it's loose, it's possible, it's on the roof.

I'm having dish come and take a look at it, they are charing me 49.99, is that normal?

On a side note, one of my 811's still doesn't have the new software despite the option being enabled in the menu. I thought they pushed it out to everyone by now?

$49 is normal as best offer, only some people qualify for it. basically its the cost of a tech w/o any warranty, just get it cheaper than the $99.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts