Problem having two receivers connected at the same time

jjohns

Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
Hey, guys. I'm a recent supporter and have been reading your posts for some time. I'm having a problem that someone may be able to help me with. I have two receivers, on VIP211 and a 311. For the longest time both worked fine then a had a new room added which is a home theatre. The electrician working the job added a 900MHz spitter to the feed going upstairs to the bedroom where the 311 is and the other cable went to the new room where the VIP211 is located. I have removed the splitter, pulled the line from the seperate feed going to the old tv room which is now a bedroom so each receiver is getting a direct feed. I have tried various things trying to get them both to work but if I connect the 311 and go through all the check switch crap and get the 311 to work the VIP211 screws up. Whe the 311 is connected and working the signal strength is way up there. When the 211 is working it is around 60. I have two dishes; one pointed at 110/119 and the other at 61.5 (for VOOM). I can't understand what might have happened to cause this apparent incompatibilty. I am a technical person but am not familiar with the hardware used in satellite tv. . I don't want to have to call customer support and go through all the check switch-ing and power-cycling. Your help and patience would be greatly appreciated

It was definitely a splitter. I'll have to verify the switch and LNBF later. I was hopiing to get some direction here before calling. Those guys annoy me by making you go through all the regular stuff before getting past what you've already tried.

Thanks, guys.

In case anyone checks back, I read in another forum that the LNBs are powered by the recievers and that when trying to reset everything you should also disconnect both receivers from the incoming cables. I did that for a few minutes and now everything seems to be working. I'll update later if anything happens.

Menu, 6, 1, 3 and read details. I had this same problem and it said LNBF was off -7. Changed out the LNBF and that helped but also the old R59 cable was a problem too especially on a dual tuner. You probably need a diplexer in place for the splitter. Then run a check switch and you should be ok.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)