Problem Hooking up 2nd Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

johnsonk555

Original poster
Apr 14, 2014
Central Arkansas
I am new to this forum and have a question about a problem I am having when I hook up a second receiver to my Dish Network dish that is on the eastern arc satellites. I live in my RV and when I am at my home place I have a building that my satellite dish is mounted on that I hook up to when I am parked here. I also have a tv and vip211 receiver in the building that I want to hook up to the same dish, but when I do it messes up the signal to my RV. When the tech mounted the dish to my building he ran two cables from the dish and one is hooked up to my RV with the other not being used. What am I missing here? Do I need something else to run to receivers off this dish? Thanks for any help!!:confused:

Well hmmm. It seems to me that what you want to do should work. What dish antenna do you have?

When the tech mounted the dish to my building he ran two cables from the dish and one is hooked up to my RV with the other not being used. What am I missing here? Do I need something else to run to receivers off this dish? Thanks for any help!!:confused:

If I am reading correctly, "the other not being used" should be hooked up to the second receiver (in the building). How are you connecting it now?

You should be able to have one cable to one receiver and the other cable to the other receiver. If you are not changing anything to the one receiver that is already hooked then I suppose there could be an issue with the LNB on the dish antenna.

I also have a tv and vip211 receiver in the building that I want to hook up to the same dish, but when I do it messes up the signal to my RV.
When you say "it messes up the signal", what does that mean?

There's usually no middle ground; it either works or it doesn't.

When you say "it messes up the signal", what does that mean?

There's usually no middle ground; it either works or it doesn't.

I have seen before when a customer has two receivers and the one loses signal when the other is on. Generally this is caused by a bad LNB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts