problem installing dpp 1000.2 on dish311

cyberspy

Original poster
Aug 27, 2011
montreal
I can't find 119 only get 110 I am using a dish311 receiver is that the problem? tried connecting wire to ports 1,2, and 3 even put foil on first and third lnb's and still can only see 110.

:confused::confused::confused:

Have you run a check switch test to get the satellites you are pointing to onto the receiver? Are you using 1 coax cable or 2 to the receiver? Do you have a separator to split the satellite signal from the dish to the receiver on ports Sat 1 and Sat 2? The LNB acts as a switch so any port you connect the coax cable gives you the same signal. Here is a link where you can input your zip code and see what the settings should be for aligning the dish. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks.

http://www.dishpointer.com/

I am using one coax cable from the dish port 1 to the reciever. do I need a seperator? I thought the dpp 1000.2 had a built in switch that would combine the satelites onto one wire.

It does have a built in switch but you need a separator to split the signal from 119 and 110 satellites to the receiver. You need a separator connected to the single coax behind the receiver to the single port on the separator and then 2 short coax cables from the separator to Sat 1 and Sat 2 on the receiver. The label side of the separator should be facing up.

Ray I think what your talking about is the DPP Pro Plus seperator but that is only needed for dual tuner recievers like the VIP 722 I have a dish 301. I don't have two sat inputs on my receiver.

I'm sorry. I thought you had the 322. Yes, so you only have the one Sat port on the back. I don't show that the 311 is considered a legacy receiver so it should work. I'm wondering if you have a bad LNB that is not picking up the 119 satellite. Did you purchase the 1000.2?

First off, are there any trees/obstructions in the way of your dish? Are you using the 1k2 dish/arm? That would be the first option. You could have it pointed wrong and have signal being bounced off another satellite. Make sure your elevation/azimuth are set correctly. Try just peaking the 119 satellite. If you can get that the 110 usually follows suit, unless of course there's some sort of obstruction. Option 2 would be a bad lnbf. Try running a new line to the receiver (or sat meter, whatever you're using) and if the 119 isn't coming in at all with no obstructions, then the lnbf is bad. The ports have no influence on signal outcome, that is unless one of the ports has malfunctioned/become detached.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts