Problem moving receiver to a different room

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tifa

Original poster
Sep 12, 2005
We have a Dish 625 receiver that we rewired to run into another room. Now when we try to watch TV, it just sits on the aquiring satellite screen and nothing happens. We have checked and checked and it appears to be hooked up correctly. Is there something that needs to be changed on the receiver if the room is changed? Or does anyone have any idea what is wrong with it?

Thanks!

How exactly did you rewire it? You're going to need to describe what's between your dish/switch and your receiver...

Did you just stick couplers on the wire in the original room? If so, are they RG-59 (not good for this), or RG-6 (what you need)? If they're unlabeled or generic ones from walmart, they're probably RG-59..

You also can't stick a splitter on a wire being used between the dish/switch and the receiver.

Also check that the wire the whole way (whatever way you did it), is RG-6 and not RG-59.

Once that's done, menu -> 6 -> 1 -> 1 (just get past installation and to point dish, go to check switch) -- that should get ya back up :)

Basically we took the wires that were run to the bedroom (old TV1) and put a coupler on them (RG-6) then ran the cable into the living room (new TV1) and through the wall. We used the same wall plate from the bedroom. The cable is RG-6. I did the menu 6->1->1 and it did the 50 tests then I got warning message 530 ("One of the satellite inputs or switches is not connected properly"). Also the info from point dish is zip (31008), dish (Super), Tuner input (02), transponder (03), satellite (110). We can watch DVR but can't get any kind of signal from the satellite to watch live TV. It worked fine before we moved it.

Thanks,
Tifa

make sure the connectors are all 3ghz..generally you can tell if they have a blue plastic insert as opposed to clear/white which are not rated high enough for a superdish.

Thanks for the help. I was able to fix the problem by moving my TV so we didn't have to use the extra cable we connected. Perhaps the connectors weren't the right kind. Anyway, thanks for the help!

Tifa

dfergie said:
Welcome to SatelliteGuys... Try bypassing the wall plate with a good barrel connector... and recheck all the coax .

in re: wall plates ...

that's a big 10-4 on that one . . . building contractors put those in as cheap as they can buy them, some of them won't even carry Comcast's low frequencies, and by satellite freqs, they're toast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts