Problem - no odd transponder

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dhargo0904

Original poster
Nov 20, 2006
Hello all

I have an old RCA drd303ra receiver that is not receiving all my channels.
By checking the signal strengths, the even transponders register in the 80-90 range, but odds show zilch. I've checked the output voltage to the LNB and it shows a constant 21.2 volts no matter which transponder I have selected.
Is there anything else that I can check or try before replacing the receiver?

Thanks in advance

Hello all

I have an old RCA drd303ra receiver that is not receiving all my channels.
By checking the signal strengths, the even transponders register in the 80-90 range, but odds show zilch. I've checked the output voltage to the LNB and it shows a constant 21.2 volts no matter which transponder I have selected.
Is there anything else that I can check or try before replacing the receiver?

Thanks in advance

Do you have a multi switch ?
If so, bypass it, to see if it is you problem,
If no multiswitch, swap out LNB's, if you have a spare ...
I would suspect it's one of these two items.

Jimbo

I am betting you are actually hitting dishnetworks satellite. When I helped a friend point his, we would only get one set of transponders because we were actually hitting 110 or 119. The DTV box showed it as hitting 101 though.

I am betting you are actually hitting dishnetworks satellite. When I helped a friend point his, we would only get one set of transponders because we were actually hitting 110 or 119. The DTV box showed it as hitting 101 though.

That would not explain the constant 21.2 voltage (it should be 13v or 18v), and he tested the voltage at the LNB, so I assume that was done on the other side of the switch (except the internal one if a at9 or phase3).

IMO, Jimbo hit it on the head, imho, it's most likely a LNB, or internal switch (I think a 4x4 in the phase3 and a 5(8))x4 in the at9??) issue, just remember, if you use a phase3 or at9, you have a switch built into the dish, so if you use an external switch in addition for either of those 2 dishes, and bypassing the external switch as Jimbo suggested does not help, it still could be the dishes internal switch, switching out the LNB like Jimbo said will indicate that it could be the internal switch.

It is also possible it is a receiver problem, as the OP indicated it's an old receiver, perhaps it went bad, an old capacitor or resistor could explain a abnormal voltage, and could cause switching to malfunction.

It would be in the OPs best interest to try and find someone who has D* and try his receiver on their coax, hoping the receiver, if it has a problem, does not damage the friends setup.

Last edited:
If ya only get one voltage from the reciever no mater what transponer its a bad reciever cause odd uses low 13 volts and even is on high which is 18 so bad reciever

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts