Problem on my C band Need some Ideas.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
gregom I am using a 10' SAMI mesh dish and a cheapo lnb I think its rated at 17degrees. Not sure about signal # but on the scrambled channels I subscribe to on c-band, they will all show 100 on the vc2 setup screen.
Sorry about the italics I dont know how that happened.
Anyway, solving these without fancy test equipment is like solving a crime. You eliminate suspects one at a time. Hook up everything simply (leave off dvd recorders, pvrs and anything extra=just the cabling to the tv and see if it is still present. If it is, its coming from something else.
DO you connect to your tv by video cables, component cables, or the rf outputs (ch3, or 4 jacks on the Gen Instr)? Modulators can start going bad and introduce noise in your picture, been there done that.

I don't know what else to do... I have tried everything I can ....

I have replaced all parts on the dish... my KU band is wokring but not as great as before ....

I will try to go outside and play with the feedhorn .... asides from that ... whatelse should i try here ?

Gregom

quote:level on my digital side of the C band is oscillating like crazy, and before it wasn't. Whenever I have this oscillation my pictures starts to chop.

I read this again, and wondered=is your polarity motor up against its stop, and causing this? Those little motors turn the probes inside the corotor, and if the feedhorn is installed wrong, the motor can hit the limit when it tries to turn one way or the other, and start to oscillate (eventually wearing out the motor) You might look at the probe turning to see, have somebody change from odd to even on your cband receiver while you watch it. Take the caps off the feedhorn throats and see if that tells you anything. If so you can turn the feedhorn slightly to remedy it. I'd do it on true south satellite.
Good luck with this idea.

Turbo...

I took the cap off and changed the polarity to reverse and normal ... the corotor antenna flips 180 degrees ... and it is working perfectly...

The very first think that i will do is to reallign that feedhorn to catch my analog signal strength like before ... and then i will take a look at my digital ...

Is there a cheap way to make a band pass filter with some capacitors and inductors ? If so can you tell me a reliable site ?

my dish has clear view on that satellite where the picture is choppy. Also I am very confident that i am on the arc since i catch KU very fairly good ...

Any other ideas for me to try ?

Gregom

Dont know of any DIY kits for filters lol , prob wouldn't be a big demand for that. Microwave Filter Corp is the place that specializes in that stuff, and they got all kinds of filters. You can bet they'll be xpensive too, but first you have to figure out IF that is the problem. Maybe someone with a spectrum analyzer to sample the air around your place, to pinpoint if that is the culprit. Since you've just about replaced your entire setup, it's beginning to sound like that could be it. I'm out of ideas for you to check right now lol.

You need to decode that signal
you are getting messages from ET.
I agree with turbo get a spectrum analyzer.
Have you tried to take an old cheap radio out
by the dish and tune to a dead spot inbetween stations
at both ends of the dial?
Just a thought but it will pick up interference and make it into "noise"

But the radio frequency is at 108 or 88 MHz and the satellite is at 3600 Mhz ... There is a huge difference in the spectrum of frequency... To get a spetrum analizer is very difficult for me here ... these devices are very expensive.

I was also thinking that if i get a band pass filter i would eliminate all noise from lowe and upper band of the C band ... but would that really help me ??

Gregom

I also have a scanner that goes up to 2000 mhz ... unfortunatelly it is not high enough ... would i be able to use that scanner to help me in any way ?

He's talking about an AM radio lol, you could prob do that, tune it to a place between stations and see if you can hear anything weird. Don't know if they make filters that would block out the entire rf spectrum except for c-band frequencies.

Yes they do ..

that's what they call band pass filter ... I called a company today and they mentioned to me to purchase 1st an AC line filter ... If the problem persists they told me I could purchase a filter and if it doesn't work I could have my money back ... The piece is about 500 .... So expensive and there is no way that I can make one ... since they fit right at the feedhorn...

I will try one more location before I attempt to purchase that Filter ... There is a C band teleport nearby my house and at the Teleport they have some really good technical guys... I will call them tomorrow and see if they have that filter for me to try ....

Other than that I am completly lost here ...

Gregom.

He's talking about an AM radio lol, you could prob do that, tune it to a place between stations and see if you can hear anything weird. Don't know if they make filters that would block out the entire rf spectrum except for c-band frequencies.

they do
they are called "tuners"
just a laugh

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)