Problem receiving RTN's on G10R

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

navagator

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
Hello,

I just succeeded at finding G10R with my Primestar dish, unfortunately and with great frustration :confused: I seem to be having the same problem receiving the RTN programming on G10R as I have trying to receive it with my big dish. The picture quality is good ( no pixilation or macroblocking ), as with my big dish, but the picture freezes intermittently usually when there is motion ( people walking ), it looks as though every frame or two there is a missing frame, the picture jerks and is very choppy. I have a signal strength of 70 to 72 and a signal quality of 80 to 83 with the Primestar which seems to be fairly high.

I attributed the freezing problem with my big dish due to misalignment ( mainly my focal distance ), since the RTN’s on G3 are in 7/8 FEC and are sensitive to correct dish alignment.

I’m planning on trying to adjust the focal distance on the big dish come this Spring. It has a button hook feed which is rusted in place, I am in hopes with enough penetrating oil I can bust it loose and pull it out. It’s a job for warmer weather, for me anyway.

But I believe the RTN’s on G10R are in 3/4 FEC which from what I understand should be more forgiving to misalignment, however I think I have the Primestar fairly well aimed.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this problem?

I haven’t installed the new factory firmware yet on my Visionsat, is it possible the new firmware would fix this issue?

There’s really a lot of great programming on the RTN’s but the freezing just drives me up a wall :yikes.

Thanks

Doug

I'm using a Visionsat IV-200, and have not had any freezing problems associated with the reception of G-10R. Pulling the satellite in using a 1 meter Channel Master dish fitted with a stacked FSS LNB. I highly recommend that you install the newest firmware (1.18), available here:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1113824-post105.html

There are PLENTY of bug fixes, including working blind scanning through a DiSEqC switch.

I have a Pansat 2700 on a ADTH 81cm dish with a Geosatpro LNBF and G-10 works fine. You are correct that the G-10 RTN mux is 3/4 and the G3 C band mux is 7/8 which is harder to receive. My 12 foot has no problems on the C band feed either.

I saw once with a clients Mercury II receiver the same thing your talking about. I flashed it for him to the latest firmware and it solved that issue. So I would second Tron's advice and flash the receiver.

I'd look towards a receiver problem. Whether it be a setting or perhaps firmware as you suggest, that's where I'd start. I think you can safely eliminate a dish/alignment problem.
I've found with G10R that the signals seem to be rock steady with a 1.2m Star Choice offset dish. Even when it wasn't tweaked quite right I didn't see any freezing issues except in heavy rain.

I use a visionsat on G10 with no issues. Use a 36" dish and a 8x1 diseqc switch

G3 I can barely lock with my 6 footer. With the 7/8 FEC its not stable at all but G10 works great :)

Good Afternoon,

I uploaded the new firmware a couple of days ago and no more freezing. Everything works great, even the clock. :):):):)

Thanks.

Coming from using a Pansat 2700 for such a long time, the real time clock on the Visionsat is one of the things I really appreciate about it. Its great to just move the dish over to a Dish Network bird and get the time and date automatically set. The receiver then does a perfect job of keeping both accurate after its turned off or moved to a different satellite :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)