Problem Scrolling in User Guide with SA 8300HD DVR

ksable

Original poster
Oct 10, 2005
With my old SA 8000HD DVR box from Time Warner, when viewing the guide, I could use the "page +" or "page -" to scroll by page. I could hold down either of these and after a couple of pages, it would scroll much faster and take me to where I wanted to be in the guide. However, when I scroll in the 8300, these buttons scroll a couple of pages on the screen and then stop showing me any scrolling despite my continuing to hold down these buttons. And when I finally let go and then press just a simple down arrow for example, it jumps to where it would be had it been scrolling the entire time I was holding down the button! Confusing?

Anyway, bottom line is that with the new box, holding down the page+ or page- buttons while scrolling in the guide doesn't show me the progress as it is scrolling, after the first 2 or 3 pages.

If you have any insight, I would greatly appreciate your input. Thanks in advance.

Ken

I just got my 8300 today, and tested it for you.

If I press and hold the page buttons it's scrolls at the same speed no matter how long I hold it. Once I release it and press the same page button it just goes to the next page.

Hope that hopes.

Do you have any problem while channel surfing? Twice I was just surfing the higher channels and it froze shut off, rebooted and updated itself took about 5 minutes each time.

Thanks for the response. With my 8000 box, when in the guide the scrolling would speed up after the first couple of pages and scroll quickly through the rest of the guide until you let go of the button. With the 8300, I only get a couple of pages of scrolling and then it stops on the screen but continues to scroll in the 'background'. My friend who also has this box said he has the same problem. It was much better with the 8000.

As for your other issue, I have not had any problems channel surfing. My only problems are with the guide.

Thanks again.

Ken

Ken,

I also had the 8000 (SD) about a year or so ago. It seemed more stable than the 8300. Although it was a lot slower (channel changing, menus etc).

Did you request this upgrade from TW, or did your old box fry and they gave you this one?. If you go to your local office and request an 8000, more than likely they will give it to you if it's on the shelf.

I've always had better luck dealing with my local office then the 800 number.

Good Luck,

Dan

I've been using an 8300 in the Peidmont Triad area of North Carolina for a year now, and have found it to be profoundly better than an 8000 in just about every way. My spur to switch was the inactive DVI port on the 8000 (now active, I hear...). I have not experienced any problem in regards to scrolling with my 8300. Would it be a difference in our firmware? I know they shouldn't be using multiple versions, but they do Caaaaarazy stuff like that from time to time...

yeah my 8300hd, is a winner, that thing is about 200% better then any 8000hd I ever had, you may have recieved a goofy 8300? I would maybe ask to switch it out for another.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts