Problem view Sat. 119

Status
Please reply by conversation.

betsy c

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Hi,

When we got our D* service about 6 weeks ago, we got the HR10-250 for our HT and a SD Receiver for a non HD TV. Our dish received both sats - 110 (I believe) & 119. At the time the installer told us we'd have no problems in the future as we had clear line of sites. We also signed up for the HD package.

A few weeks ago we stopped receiving a few HD channels (at least ones I was aware of) - ESPN2 (72), DSHD (76), etc. However we did get some channels in, such as 70 & 71. So we called D* and a tech came out yesterday & did some testing. He replaced the dish with no results. He then said it was because of a tree in the way a couple of hundred feet away - he says it probably worked when there were no leaves on the tree and now that it has grown leaves it is blocking the sight to 119 (110 was fine).

So I'm having a 2nd tech come out but would like any other opinions on this. Since we really want HD content, do I have any recourse w/ D* to cancel the service or get some credit? Or could the problem be do to something else?

Thanks for any feedback!
Bets

I had had the problem. It was the trees. I was missing 72, 76, 79
Tech came out and he moved the dish,
Perfect
If you get local HD, you were probably getting a message on them saying acquiring sat.
It will clear once there is a good line of sight

Thanks for the reply. Are there other channels available on 119 that I may be missing? Or is it just those?

The tech said that moving the dish wouldn't help - it was a problem anywhere on the property.

Bets

I had issues with the 119 a year ago. A neighbors tree is about 50-feet away, but there were enough branches/leave to partially block the signal to the 119. From here in Motown, the 119 sits a bit lower in the southwest sky than the other birds.

I ended up moving the dish off the house to the back yard on the garage roof to get a full signal on all the sats.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts