Problem viewing OAT Channels on Hopper 3 and Joey at same time

mikieii

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2014
SE USA
After adding two outside tv antennas to receive not only CBS but other local channels not included by dish I cannot view OAT Channels(Not even the same OAT Channel) on Hopper 3 and Joey at the same time(Hopper 3 in Bedroom; Joey in Den). If Joey is using OAT Hopper 3 is "Locked Out" and if Hopper 3 is viewing OAT Joey is "Locked Out". Hopper and Joey connected by both coax and wired internet.
Using Dish ES194858 OAT Adapter on Hopper 3 Solutions for this please??????

First, take out the wired internet on the Joey and bridge it with the Hopper so that MoCA works properly. Now, simply go to the Activity screen and Join the channel form whichever receiver is tuned to an OTA channel.

First, take out the wired internet on the Joey and bridge it with the Hopper so that MoCA works properly. Now, simply go to the Activity screen and Join the channel form whichever receiver is tuned to an OTA channel.
Bobby, thanks for your quick reply, new to satellite usage--will simply unplugging my wired internet connection from the Standard Joey, not Super Joey, resolve this situation?

Bobby, thanks for your quick reply, new to satellite usage--will simply unplugging my wired internet connection from the Standard Joey, not Super Joey, resolve this situation?
Thanks again...............................

Bobby, No luck, still "locked out as before with only coax connecting Hopper 3 and Joey. I have a wired internet connection to my Hopper 3 to watch "On Demand" and "Netflix", possible problem here?

Bobby, No luck, still "locked out as before with only coax connecting Hopper 3 and Joey. I have a wired internet connection to my Hopper 3 to watch "On Demand" and "Netflix", possible problem here?
Did you go into your network settings and bridge the Joey to the Hopper as Bobby said?

Did you go into your network settings and bridge the Joey to the Hopper as Bobby said?
I made no changes to my "Network Settings" at all, would appreciate "Step by Step Directions" to accomplish this.

I made no changes to my "Network Settings" at all, would appreciate "Step by Step Directions" to accomplish this.
At your Hopper: Menu, Settings, Internet, Advanced, turn Bridging On...

Now, to watch the same OTA channel, and you can only see the one channel at a time, simply press the red button on the 40 remote, or Options on the 50 or 52 remote and go to TV Activity and Join the channel. For instance, if you are watching channel 005-01 on your Hopper, go to the Joey and then go to the TV activity screen. You will see that the Hopper is viewing channel 005-01. Scroll down to that and click on it. You will be offered the opportunity to 'Join" or to shut the channel off on the Hopper. Click on Join and you have that channel on both screens.

Reactions: charlesrshell
At your Hopper: Menu, Settings, Internet, Advanced, turn Bridging On...

Now, to watch the same OTA channel, and you can only see the one channel at a time, simply press the red button on the 40 remote, or Options on the 50 or 52 remote and go to TV Activity and Join the channel. For instance, if you are watching channel 005-01 on your Hopper, go to the Joey and then go to the TV activity screen. You will see that the Hopper is viewing channel 005-01. Scroll down to that and click on it. You will be offered the opportunity to 'Join" or to shut the channel off on the Hopper. Click on Join and you have that channel on both screens.

Thank you again for your help, this procedure worked and allows two TV's to utilize the OAT function on the Dish Hopper 3 and Standard Joey System !!!!!!

Reactions: charlesrshell
When I located the "Settings" the "Bridging" was already "on", but utilizing an additional tuner from my Dish menu allowed me to view the same or a different OAT signal--thank you and all who helped for excellent answers to my question......................

YOU DO KNOW IT IS OTA (OVER THE AIR) not the cereal grain OATS.

You are correct, being a Field Engineer for Motorola Communications for many years "In the Day" we always said "Over The Air Transmitters" old habits, yes when I began most higher power transmitters still had tubes for "Final" Amplifiers--thanks again to everyone for for their help and comments...........

Reactions: TheKrell
You are correct, being a Field Engineer for Motorola Communications for many years "In the Day" we always said "Over The Air Transmitters" old habits, yes when I began most higher power transmitters still had tubes for "Final" Amplifiers--thanks again to everyone for for their help and comments...........
You didn't, by the way, work at the old Motorola plant in Ft. Wayne, IN?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)