problem w/119 even transponders

brooktre

Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
I get an error 002 for numerous channels. It seems that all of the problem channels are on 119 with even transponder numbers. The problem started out intermittently a few weeks ago (usually during day time hours). Now I can't get them. I was thinking this may be heat related and the LNBF was going out. I pulled the LNBF - put it in the freezer - reinstalled and it worked for a few minutes then lost signal again. Do I have a bad LNBF or could it be something else?

I have a dish 500 with a dish pro dual lnb
119 signal strength is 89-90 on transponder 19
110 signal strength is 66-67 on transponder 19

and those numbers are very low...should be near 100+

you say DIshPro so it could be bad cables too. Horizontal transponders are at a higher frequency than vertical on DishPro setups so if the cable is crap the H polarity will not work

YEs you have a bad lnb. When ever you get odd or only even transponders , your lnb has gone bad.

NOT TRUE! My problem was switch-related.

I had a power outage Thursday morning. Power came back up and my favorite channels were fine. Late at night, my ESPN recording didn't hit and I wondered why. I punched in 140 and got "no signal".
I did the various diagnostics and saw my 119 deg satellite had a "X" or "NO" in the column (depending on what diagnostic I was running at the time - one was check switch and one was the system info screen).

I knew 119 couldn't be bad since I was getting some of my favorite channels and I traced it down to the fact I was getting odd numbered tr's at 119 but not even numbered tr's at 119. CHECK SWITCH confirmed that when I went to run that yet another time just to read the details screen.

I figured I had nothing to lose with a reboot of my 625 - didn't work. I don't know what it was, but something hit me that I should disconnect the DISH 500 coax and run the CHECK SWITCH again. I did that and everything was marked bad. I then hooked up the 500, ran CHECK SWITCH again, and it miraculously all came back good - 119, 110 and my wing dish 148 with both polarities working on each bird. It was as if disconnecting the coax, running CHECK SWITCH, and reconnecting the coax forced my 625 have to figure out my switch configuration from scratch. I did a reboot to make sure things were initialized fine after the switch setup was fixed and all has been up and running great since late Thursday night!

As for low numbers, definitely check foliage. In April, my receiver was dropping out more frequntly than usual (and the signal strength numbers were lower - i.e. my locals from 110 spot were like 90's rather than the typical 123 signal strength level). I walked to my dish and noticed my tree grew into the path of the dish a little bit and I trimmed it back and signal strength was great again!

problem fixed

Thanks for everyone's help. A new LNBF from the DishStore.net fixed the problem. FYI - the DishStore had the best price I could find.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)