Problem W. Stars HD - Need some Advice:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nsavarirayan

Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
Hey guys I read that sticky posted by longhorn about this. This is what longhorn wrote:

"...Once your talking with a CSR tell this person that you cannot get the Starz HD channels "and" that you need the Starz-HD - Charge line added into your account details. Once this is done your Starz HD channels will work fine and you should see under your online account details under "view last activity" a new line that says Starz-HD - Charge."

But when I called last night I talked to two CSRs - the first was this lady who kept telling me those channels were not rolled out and kept saying other completely retarded stuff. So once I was done with her I called back again and got another CSR. She put me on hold and talked to a manager who told her that it was a technical issue they were working on. I tried to explain what longhorn posted in his sticky but they didn't listen to me. Is longhorns sticky regarding this issue correct or is it truly a technical issue that they need to reslove. Stars is still not working as of a half hour ago.

I don't have Starz, but I've seen enough people on this thread echoing what Longhorn said to believe that it's the CSR's who are confused on this one...

I've heard of two different ways to get the Starz problem fixed - the one described above - or having the CSR remove the HD Access Package and Starz from your account and then readding them (which basically does the same thing).

There is no point in wasting your time with a CSR who doesn't know what they are talking about - as soon as your realize that they don't understand the issue - hang up and call back.

Yesterday morning I was told it was a known issue that would be resolved by mid-afternoon - by evening it wasn't fixed so I decided to call back. I knew that they may have to reset the packages so I waited until I wasn't recording anything - didn't want to get anything messed up.

Call #1 and #2 both told me that StarzHD hadn't launched yet. I simply hung up - there is no point in trying to argue with them. They obviously aren't going to know how to fix it, so don't waste your time.

Call #3 said that he was going to remove the HD package and the Starz package and readd them - so I immediately knew that I had someone who knew what he was talking about. Took a few minutes and everything was up and running.

My recommendation is just keep calling back until you get a CSR who knows about the problem and how to fix it, rather than trying to educate the CSRs who still think StarzHD hasn't launched yet.

Why do we have to tell the CSRs how to do their job. I mean once the fix to the issue is found shouldn't they then send out a group email to all the CSRs telling them how to fix the problem?

I've heard of two different ways to get the Starz problem fixed - the one described above - or having the CSR remove the HD Access Package and Starz from your account and then readding them (which basically does the same thing).

There is no point in wasting your time with a CSR who doesn't know what they are talking about - as soon as your realize that they don't understand the issue - hang up and call back.

Yesterday morning I was told it was a known issue that would be resolved by mid-afternoon - by evening it wasn't fixed so I decided to call back. I knew that they may have to reset the packages so I waited until I wasn't recording anything - didn't want to get anything messed up.

Call #1 and #2 both told me that StarzHD hadn't launched yet. I simply hung up - there is no point in trying to argue with them. They obviously aren't going to know how to fix it, so don't waste your time.

Call #3 said that he was going to remove the HD package and the Starz package and readd them - so I immediately knew that I had someone who knew what he was talking about. Took a few minutes and everything was up and running.

My recommendation is just keep calling back until you get a CSR who knows about the problem and how to fix it, rather than trying to educate the CSRs who still think StarzHD hasn't launched yet.

Call #1&2 is very funny - that is exactly what I went through. I could not believe they could tell me that it had not launched when I know people are watching the channels. How can they blatantly lie or be that stupid. My second call made was not much better with the CSR telling me it was a technical issue. finally my third call just an hour ago bore fruit! I was forwarded to someone else and was very clear that I knew what the problem was and explained it to them in detail. Finally after several holds they took off the package and re-added it. Finally it showed up as a line item on my bill.

Let me just say thank god for this forum and having people here who know what the fixes are. Can some of you please get hired by D*!!!!

I have called a bunch of times yesterday and today, and they say the channels have not launched yet. One person today said that the channels have not been activated on my account yet, and that in 2-3 days the will be. She claimed that she was unable to activate them and that I had to wait like all of the rest. This is getting rediculous.

-Aaron

I have called a bunch of times yesterday and today, and they say the channels have not launched yet. One person today said that the channels have not been activated on my account yet, and that in 2-3 days the will be. She claimed that she was unable to activate them and that I had to wait like all of the rest. This is getting rediculous.

-Aaron

Aaron I suggest you just keep calling and calling and keep telling htem the same thing. Tell then they need to remove the package and then re-add. Maybe you need to threaten to cancel and talk to the folks in rentention. All they have to do is take it off and re-add it.

I was receiving a 721 on the StarzHD channels.
Called Customer Service (I have the Premium Package and can't add/delete an individual selection), and asked them to remove and then re-add the Starz package. The CSR removed and then re-added the Starz Package. It took about 5 minutes, and StarzHD was authorized.

Later, tried to record ... message that DVR Service not authorized. Called again ... 5 mins this was fixed.

It seems that by removing and then adding the entire Starz package to one's accounts "fixes" the Starz 721 problem. All this assumes you are subscribed to Starz in the first place.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)