problem with 2nd receiver hook up to dish 1000

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

doobydoo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
I have a dish 1000 with a 622 hooked up. I ran coax to hook up my 501 to another tv and cannot get a signal at all. anyone have any idea what could be the problem?

The installer left a piece of coax coning out of the dlnb. All I did was extended the coax and ran it directly to the 501 dvr. Where is the line for the second receiver suppose to go?

Ok, do you know what equipment (types of lnb's, switches) you are using? If the coax is hooked to the imput of a DPP then you could never get a signal off it. If it is a twin then both available lines are already being used and you may need a dp34 switch. If you go to you system info screen, you can get some needed info we would need to help you.

Im sorry Im new to all this. Here is what i got.. I have a Dish 1000 with a 622 hooked up. Im wanting to hook up my 510 dvr to another room. My systm info says I have a DPP Twin, Twin(1) Twin(2) Twin(3). For the switch it shows DPP Twin. What needs to be done to properly get this done? Any help would be much appreciated....

Last edited:
If i do need a switch Ive been reading where a dp34 cant be used with the dpp twin. It shows that it needs to be a dpp44. Is this also correct?

OK you have a DPP twin, makes this easy. Coax you added to is probably the input to the twin which is why it doesn't work. On one of the lines going to the 622, use the diplexer (splitter) which came with the 622 to both the inputs on the 622 and run the second to the 501. You will have to redo switch test on both and should work.

The 622 is already hooked up properly from one coax coming into the house which is connected to the back of the 622 through the seperator for dish1 AND DISH2. Im still confused to how Im suppose to tie in my 510 to this. Do I split it somewhere outside by the dish where the line comes into the house for the 622? There is only 1 cable that is hooked up on the outside of my dish.

doobydoo said:
The 622 is already hooked up properly from one coax coming into the house which is connected to the back of the 622 through the seperator for dish1 AND DISH2. Im still confused to how Im suppose to tie in my 510 to this. Do I split it somewhere outside by the dish where the line comes into the house for the 622? There is only 1 cable that is hooked up on the outside of my dish.

Hook up by running second RG6 coax from second output of DPP twin to the 510. Make sure it is the output and not an imput. Single lines can only be split by using seperator and hooked up to one dual tuner receiver.

Last edited:
After doing what you said Ive came to the conclusion that the coa:mad:rg6) that I ran must be defective. I hooked up the 622 to the other line coming from the lnb and it worked fine. I then moved the 622 to the new location and it wouldnt work. I had to connect to pieces of rg6 together. I used a 50ft section then I spliced about another 25ft. section to it . Could this be my problem? I definitely have an active line from the dish. Thanks in advance.

" I used a 50ft section then I spliced about another 25ft. section to it "

You need a barrel connector rated to at least 2000 Mhz, not the cheap ones rated to 1000 Mhz. You can tell if they are high frequency barrel connectors because they are blue or green or even red. If it's clear, most likely it's a 1000 Mhz used for cable TV and that will not work.

Here are some 3Ghz barrel connectors:

http://www.dishstore.net/product_info.php?cPath=53&products_id=220

I used the barrel connecter that came with the receiver. I think the coax is ok. I just cant get a signal. Im not even sure Im hooking it to the right line. I can hook up the line that is connected to the 622 to the extra coax coming out of the dish and it will recieve signal fine. But when I hook up the same line to the new line going into the house to the 510 nothing..... Im about to throw it out the window....

"I used the barrel connecter that came with the receiver."

That's an attenuator! It won't work for the satellite signal. I'm not sure about that attenuator but it probably doesn't allow voltage to pass through and it's not rated to 2150 Mhz.

Get a barrel connector rated 3Ghz or run a straight cable or better yet call Dish Network and have them run the cable for you.

Ill tsake your advice and go buy a barrell like you said. I thought that was a connectoer for 2 coax lines.. You can tell Im new at this.

Looking at the picture that is what came with the unit. The only thing is the one that came with it was clear/white looking on the inside. I also looked at the attenuator picture. I dont have one of those. This barrel is threaded on both sides.

doobydoo said:
Looking at the picture that is what came with the unit. The only thing is the one that came with it was clear/white looking on the inside. I also looked at the attenuator picture. I dont have one of those. This barrel is threaded on both sides.

Really? Because the dual tuners come with an attenuator, they don't come with barrel connectors.

It may have came with my dish500 setup years ago. Im not sure. All I know is I have 2 of them and neither one work. Should I at least get some signal through these or do I need to get what you suggested. Maybe these where ok for the 500 but not the 1000? Would R Shack have what I need?

"But when I hook up the same line to the new line going into the house to the 510 nothing"

Wait a minute! That new line that you added, what kind of cable is it? It has to be RG6 rated to 2300 Mhz. It should say in the outside of the cable. The problem is either the barrel connector or that second cable that you're adding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts