Problem with 625 inputs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sarusso

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2004
SF Bay Area
I just got a 625 to replace a 301, I have a DISH 500 where everything was fine using the twin LNBF. I'm now encountering a problem that has baffled me and was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem and might help me out.

Test 1
a. Use the included splitter (2150Mhz) to split the signal for inputs 1 & 2.
b. Run a check switch, no signal is detected.

Test 2
a. Remove the splitter
b. Plug directly into input 1 only, run check switch, everything checks out fine, both 119 & 110 are detected.
c. Plug directly into input 2 only, run check switch, everything checks out fine, both 119 & 110 are detected.

Test 3
a. Use a different Hi-Freq splitter (2000Mhz) to split the signal for inputs 1 & 2.
b. Run a check switch
c. Input 1 detects 119 & 110
d. Input 2 detects 119 only
e. Will not let me leave the check switch screen.

Sounds that your dish 500 uses a legacy twin or DP twin LNB. In order to use the splitter as you call it, its actually called a seperator, you must have a DPP44 switch or a DPP Twin LNB. The seperators will not work unless you have one of these in order to split the signal to both tuners. Thats why it works fine when you plug it into one output or the other but not both. Your choice to correct the problem is to run a second line to the 625 or upgrade to a DPP Twin in order to use the single line with a seperator. You can also diplex your tv2 out through the same line if you wire it up this way.

go to menu 6-1-3 on line (h) it will tell you what you have for LNB type and switch. can you let us know what it says so that way we can help you better

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts