Problem with 905 sidecar

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If so, there is one last resort. Put your analog on G1, if the servo wires are still hook to analog, then put the analog on an ODD channel. Turn on 905 and and put it on G1 channel 100

Then press options 6 7 7 8 this will put you into a hidden menu and select factory reset. Do not attemp to power it up or change channels, wait for it to warm up and download. Give it at least half an hour for the maps to be reloaded into receiver from the G1 bird. G0 is no longer used for downloads. You do have a susbscription yes? This will only happen if you have a green light, if no green light then change analog receiver to an even channel. Hope this works for you.

P.S. did you lose power in the house just before all of this happened
Good Luck,
Dave

Last edited:
Sorry one more thing if the servo wires are hooked back to 905, you will to reset your lnb and feedhorn settings to match your setup on the dish, or you can just leave the wires on your analog, then you will not have worry about those settings. just change from even to odd when needed.

Dave, I finally got in touch with a repair shop. Tom at ATS electronics told me that it sounded like the component that controls the LNB from the sidecar has gone bad. That would explain when I go back to analog the signal strength and quality return since at that point they are under control of the analog unit. So,off to the repair shop we go. Thanks for all the suggestions. It will take several weeks to get it back. Karen

From what I hear those guys @ ATS know these machines inside and out. Thanks for update.
Let us know how you make out.
Dave

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts