Problem with a Check Switch!!Please Help

xBuRn3

Original poster
Nov 26, 2005
Los Angeles, Ca
Hello everyone,
I've been have a problem with my 510..For about three weeks I've been getting a check switch error message.
The first week a tech came out and said my switch went bad, but he didn't have one so I'd have to have someone else come out with it in a few days..A few days later another tech comes out replaces the switch and power inverter and all is fine for a few hours, Then the error message returned. Yesterday going on week three another tech comes out changes The LBN's tightens the Dish down (it was loose) rechecks the coax running to the box and it works for a few hours..I also have a 942 no problems and a 301..The 301 and 510 have been swapped out and at that point the 301 would not work either..Has anyone else had a problem like this??

I also got this message

You have an error with your muiltdish table, please run checkswitch.

Signal Status:

Signal integrity is good, no loss of signal detected.

Check switch does not help!!

What do you have for electronics on the dish? From your post I would guess at Legacy LNBs with a SW64. You don't have a power "inverter" you have a power inserter.

xBuRn3 said:
Hello everyone,
I've been have a problem with my 510..For about three weeks I've been getting a check switch error message.
The first week a tech came out and said my switch went bad, but he didn't have one so I'd have to have someone else come out with it in a few days..A few days later another tech comes out replaces the switch and power inverter and all is fine for a few hours, Then the error message returned. Yesterday going on week three another tech comes out changes The LBN's tightens the Dish down (it was loose) rechecks the coax running to the box and it works for a few hours..I also have a 942 no problems and a 301..The 301 and 510 have been swapped out and at that point the 301 would not work either..Has anyone else had a problem like this??

This may help explain the problem...this is a known problem with some receivers. The suspect cause is the firmware P308. My 510 is acting the same way. Click here to view the complaints>http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=65339

Last edited:
I have a customer who called yesterday.

625/301 w DPP44.

301 passes switch check but not sys info screen. sw @ p342

Her service requests thru E* keep getting canceled. Although tech has been out several times.

I couldn't help her as it is under E* warranty, and she won't pay me.
If a solution shows up here I'll call her back.

Well, I came home tonight and found that my receiver had downloaded the latest firmware P309. I wanted to see if my check switch problem was fixed with this new update and it is. I have performed a number of check switch tests and also ran a few system info tests to verify the problem is rectified. All is working fine now with my 510. Ensure your receivers are off when not in use and take the update. Perform a check switch and system info test and I think you will find your problem has been repaired. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)