Problem with audio synch for OTA HD on 622

gbs

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 12, 2005
Benton, Arkansas
I have recently noticed that the audio synch on the OTA HD broadcast is really bad when viewed from the DVR. Do anyone else have this problem and is there a solution? I have checked the synch settings on the 622 and I believe they are set correctly. I have an optical link from the 622 to my Denon 3803 and an HDMI to DVI cable from the 622 to my Mits 55" TV.

I don't see that, but anytime something goes wrong when it used to be correct, one of two things may be it. 1 - New software upgrade or 2-it's a computer. Turn it off, unplug it for a minute and start from the power up. Check again. That usually solves those problems.

Is it all of the OTA HD channels in your area or just 1? Could be a station is having a problem w/ their encoders if it is just 1.

Individual stations having problems is sadly quite common. I had problems with the Denver ABC affiliate with audio sync for all of last week.

I agree with the previous post about rebooting. The other thing I would do is check to see how hot your 622 is running. The hotter that thing is, the more likely it will screw something up. I spent $30 on a Targus USB laptop cooler, which I placed under the 622 (and plugged into the rear usb port). The two fans keep the 622 much cooler, and it has worked really well -- except for the week of hell with the L3.63 software.

It seems to be worse on the local CBS affiliate. I'll try rebooting also. Where did the Targus Laptop cooler come from? Thanks for all the replies.

It seems to be worse on the local CBS affiliate. I'll try rebooting also. Where did the Targus Laptop cooler come from? Thanks for all the replies.

If it is just one affiliate, then its most likely their problem and not your hardware.

I picked up the Targus Cooler at Circuit City. There are several brands; Antec makes a nice one too. Just make sure you get one that is USB-powered.

Everyone with a 622 should have adequate cooling. AND don't stack components on it. Give it plenty of "breathing space."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)