Problem with CBS-HD on 61.5...

CMB

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 9, 2003
I cannot get the channel. I run the test switch and it says everything is okay. I check the signal strength and get a 0 on TP 2 (where this channel is located) but get a 100 plus on TP's from 10 up. Is everyone else having the same problem? If not what is the issue, does my dish need tweaking? Thanks for the help...

You just can't slap a dish on the roof and point it toward 61.5 and get CBS-HD.

You have to have a waiver like nippjas said, and you also have to subscribe to it and pay the extra $1.50 per month along with your HD-PAK.

When the home office sends a HIT to your receiver after all of the above conditions are met, you get CBS-HD.

:)

Even if you don't subscribe, shouldn't you still get signal strength? His symptoms are excatly like mine were on 110 and it was a bad lnb

Mark_AR said:
You just can't slap a dish on the roof and point it toward 61.5 and get CBS-HD.

You have to have a waiver like nippjas said, and you also have to subscribe to it and pay the extra $1.50 per month along with your HD-PAK.

When the home office sends a HIT to your receiver after all of the above conditions are met, you get CBS-HD.

:)
If you live in a CBS owned and operated area, you do not need a waiver.

Also, if you are already getting the locals pack from Dish, then CBS-HD is free.

Barry Erick said:
Even if you don't subscribe, shouldn't you still get signal strength? His symptoms are excatly like mine were on 110 and it was a bad lnb
He said he has signal but can't view the channel. Sounds like he doesn't have the channel authorized.

Gary, glad your back. Not everyone lives in a O&O DMA...in most cases people will be required to have a waiver for the channel, but just the same you can't just throw up 61.5 or 148 and have it automatically turned on...Dish has to authorize it whether you qualify or not. Regardless we are all stating assumptions as the original poster didn't share this much info with us.

Jason

Sorry CMB, having it pointed out to me by a friend, I reread and see that you did post you have no visibility to TP2. Are you already subscribed to CBS-HD East? Did it work previously or is this a new setup? Are you checking the TP from an HD receiver? Please provide as much info as necessary so that the good people of this forum can assist accordingly.

Best regards,
Jason

nippjas said:
Sorry CMB, having it pointed out to me by a friend, I reread and see that you did post you have no visibility to TP2. Are you already subscribed to CBS-HD East? Did it work previously or is this a new setup? Are you checking the TP from an HD receiver? Please provide as much info as necessary so that the good people of this forum can assist accordingly.

Best regards,
Jason
He still needs to order it from Dish, in any case.

GaryPen said:
If you live in a CBS owned and operated area, you do not need a waiver.

Also, if you are already getting the locals pack from Dish, then CBS-HD is free.

You are correct. I had to check my bill. I thought they were charging me extra for CBS-HD monthly.

I sub to 'Almost Everything Pak with Locals, and HD-Pak, but I prepaid HD-Pack last year. I would have to go back and see if I paid extra then.... Dunno, I can't remember that far back. :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)