Problem with Diplexing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kpartin

Original poster
Mar 29, 2005
Yet another diplexing question. I have searched intensively but can't find the answer to my specific question.

I want to distribute my DirecTV DVR output to all receivers in the house. I have a 3 LNB Oval Dish, Terk 5x8 Multiswitch, Samsung DVR, and three D10s. I am sending the signal out of the DVR on Channel 4, and that cable is attached to the OTA input on the multiswitch. At the D10 receiver, I have a diplexer to split the OTA signal out, which I run into the OTA input on the D10. Satellite still works great on the D10, but when I tune to channel 4 on the D10, I get "Channel not available". What am I missing?

I also tried this with two diplexers, bypassing the multiswitch, same results. I am using DC blockers on the OTA connections.

Any help appreciated.

Keith :confused:

D-10 Satellite receivers don't have an over the air tuner, you have to tune ch4 on your TV set. You also may have to add a signal amplifier on the output of the HDDVR you are splitting the signal at least 4 times so you are losing a minimum of 7dB without figuring any other signal loss. Shut off the D-10 receiver and turn your TV to CH4 and it should pass the HDDVR's signal to your TV.

Thanks. It works as you said. I did not realize there was no tuner in the D10.

I appreciate your help.

Keith :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)