Problem With Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kc5qih

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 25, 2005
Has anyone else been experiencing some problems with their Fortec Star LIfetime Ultra FTA Receiver. Mine from time to time seems to lock up and not want to turn the motor, and as i speak i've got 83% level and 72% quality on G10R but have absolutely no picture..just a black screen that comes up bad channel or scrambled, and i know its not a scrambled channel for i was just watching it an hour ago. Any Ideas?

Chris

yep. Sounds like there are too many transponders logged into the unit from blind scanning. You have to edit out some transponders (the channels will stay). I know this is a common Fortyec problem and hopefully someone else can chime in :)

Try a soft reboot, if that don't work a hard reboot. (switch behind receiver) With the Fortec Lifetime Ultra its a good idea to delete all TP. on a satellite just before you do a POWER SCAN. You will NOT lose any of your saved channels when you do this but it stops the receiver from being cluttered up and can help with the above problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)