Problem with frequent signal loss

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

GeorgeO

Original poster
Aug 5, 2005
Hi all,

I had recently upgraded from HD6000 to DVR942. I never had any problems with HD6000. As part of upgrade, replaced dish 500 legacly dual lnb with dishpro dual lnb, installed microyal dp34 switch, and pulled extra cable to the receiver. Hooked up everything togehter, run check switch, and everything was ok (both tuners get both sats, strength 90).

The problem now is that after some hours of inactivity the receiver looses the signal, and tries to aquire it again. Reaquiring takes anywhere from 1 min to 15 min, as it tries, freeses, and reboots in a loop. Check switch ALWAYS passes fine. However I noticed something: if I break out of signal aquisition loop sometimes it shows that it locks wrong sat (119 instead of 110).

Any ideas? I thought about re-aiming, but how could aim become off by period of inactivity? Besides old receiver had no problems. Could it be LNB, switch or receiver that misbehaves occasionally ?

the microroyal 34's IMHO are junk, do you mean legacy dual on a 61.5 or at base locations, what birds are you supposed to be seeing? If only the main 2 why not go with a DPP Twin and a separator?

yes

I have 61.5 too, it's just not hooked up yet since new LNB hasn't arrived. So until next week I only get 119 and 110. And I chose DP34 because I didn't want to deal with powered switch.

A DPP twin isn't powered it is a Dish Pro Twin LNB with a built in DP 21 switch so you take your DP dual from your 61.5 dish into the DPP Twin and run 1 cable down to your TV put in DPP separator and your done. If you have issues now, my bet is that it is the microroyal switch. Is the new cable you ran RG 6 rated to at 2.2 MGZ or better, is the ground blocks or barrels in your wall plates rated for that as well? A standard wall plate with the clear or white on the inside of them aren't rated and will cause issues. Your LNB(s) could be bad, too many things could be wrong, first check your barrels and cable, second try a different switch, third individually test the lnb's in the 119 location

Thanks!

Will try switch first, next LNB. Can you elaborate little bit on grounding requirements? I have switch grounded through a large copper rod stuck deep in the ground, which sounded fine according to the manual :)

Is grounding the rg-6 near the reciever good enough? Do i have to ground the actual dish itself?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)