Problem with HD chanell on the 622???

hammertime

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 21, 2006
I've noticed that when I watch the HD chanells they seem to break up or pixel out, as though there is a storm coming. The SD chanell's work fine. What gives? Is there a special satellite for the HD chanells or am I not alligned right. It sure is annoying. Anyone else have this problem??

hammertime said:
I've noticed that when I watch the HD chanells they seem to break up or pixel out, as though there is a storm coming. The SD chanell's work fine. What gives? Is there a special satellite for the HD chanells or am I not alligned right. It sure is annoying. Anyone else have this problem??

We need more info to answer your question

Which channels? What type of dish(s) do you have? What are the signal levels on the problem channels?

NightRyder

You're probably talking about HD channels from either the 61.5 or 129 sats. whereas the SD content is coming from other sats. most likely 110 and 119. You didn't mention what dish(es) you have, but in any case it sounds like you have either an alignment or obstruction issue. You can check this youself or else call E* or a local sat. installer to come out and check. If the original installation was arranged through E* then you have a 90-day warranty. After that you can expect to pay for the check/re-alignment...

I have the dish 1000. It was just installed about a month ago. I'll check the signal strength and see what I get. Later..

Some of the HD channels are on 110, TNT and ESPN for example, my original install had a "49" level on 110 and "80's" on 119 and 129. Any small rain cloud pixalated any HD on 110 while all rest was fin, I had them back out to re-aim the dish 1000 and this time I got "75" on 110 as well as ""80" on the 119 and 129 and now ALL HD is solid. My system will pixalate at around "46" signal, don't know if that's all 622's but guess it's about right.

_Leon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)