Problem with horizontal polarization

Status
Please reply by conversation.

altadata

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 15, 2007
I have a strange problem with my setup upstairs:
I have a Viewsat Ultra connected to Galaxy 25 ( 97W ). I could get all channels for a couple of days ( all transponders 50% to 60% quality ), but today I noticed a strange problem:

1) all transponders with horizontal polarization have gone 0% quality.
2) all transponders with vertical polarization are ok.
3) downstairs I have another viewsat connected to the other half of the dual lnb and all transponders H or V are ok ( 50 to 60% Q ).

I suspected it might be the receiver, so I switched with the one downstairs. It was all ok for a couple of hours, then the H transponders dissapeared again.

When this happen, there is no way to get them back: I tried to unplug the receiver, I tried a factory reset. A blind scan behaves strange: It will not find H transponders, but will record the V ones twice: as H and as V.

Any ideas what to check?

Tx.

do you have a very long cable run ? how many switch's ? what type ? how many lnb's ? what type of coax and connectors ?

H is 18v where V is 13v

voltage issues usualy show themselves in the H. you can get a long run, combined with heavy draw switch's and lnb's and now your 18v is 15v, therfore sometimes going to H but sometimes staying on V and not switching.

do you have a very long cable run ? how many switch's ? what type ? how many lnb's ? what type of coax and connectors ?

H is 18v where V is 13v

voltage issues usualy show themselves in the H. you can get a long run, combined with heavy draw switch's and lnb's and now your 18v is 15v, therfore sometimes going to H but sometimes staying on V and not switching.

After the problem happened, I removed all switches ( I used to have a diseqC 1.2 switch ). Now it is a straight run of cable to 1 lnb ( with 1 pass through connector ) and is still the same.
The cable upstairs is longer than the cable downstairs.
However - just to try it - I moved the receiver in the basement so that I removed a portion of the cable, and the problem is still the same. In this case the run of cable is maybe 30 feet longer than the one that works downstairs.

The coax cable is RG6 and now I have a straight cable connected from receiver to lnb.

The lnb is linear standard lnb LO=10750 ( QSat is the manufacturer ).

What is puzzling is that it was working for a while ( and I guess if I switch the receivers again it will work for a while ).

What else to try?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)