Problem with joey`s picture freezing

Robc

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
I have one hopper and 2 joeys. The hopper works fine, but the picture freezes on both joey`s. They work after changing channels, but sometimes freeze again within minutes. The hopper and one joey have been replaced, as well as the node and 2 way splitter. The hopper has been moved to a different t.v. The hopper is the only one that doesn`t freeze.

Is the Moca strength alright? You may also want to check the quality of cable and make sure any wall plates have the right barrel connectors in them.

Go to the broadband menu then into network details. Check ethernet and check wireless from the drop down. Do you have any green OKs on any of the three options, or do they show say failed?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Is the Moca strength alright? You may also want to check the quality of cable and make sure any wall plates have the right barrel connectors in them.
The moca signal is perfect, and most of the coax has been replaced

Go to the broadband menu then into network details. Check ethernet and check wireless from the drop down. Do you have any green OKs on any of the three options, or do they show say failed?

Everything is green, its connected to cable internet

Everything is green

Both ethernet and Wireless show green? If so, pull the ethernet out and then wait for it to configure and then go back to live TV. I would then recommend rebooting the router and would should hopefully see the issues go away

Could also be an open port in the system, leaking MOCA signal... Is the client port on the node being used? Is it open or capped off? If the installer used a tap off the host port of the node, make sure the client port has a terminator on it or you will have problems like you're describing....

Could also be an open port in the system, leaking MOCA signal... Is the client port on the node being used? Is it open or capped off? If the installer used a tap off the host port of the node, make sure the client port has a terminator on it or you will have problems like you're describing....
There are no open ports. It was wired from the client port to a 2-way splitter. Then it was changed to a tap, and the hopper was moved to another TV. All the wiring is new.

I think you are missing my point. The issue is probably that you have more than one IP connection. Get it down to one, and the problem may disappear.

I install internet for a living, it only has one wireless connection. The cable modem is mounted beside the electrical panel. Don`t have any Ethernet cables running to the Hopper, or any usb dongles hooked to the joey`s. I wish it was that simple

In th broadband screen, if ethernet, WiFi, and MoCA all have green OKs, I still think that is your problem. I would check that again, make sure only wireless shows OK, then I would reboot the Hopper and my router.

In th broadband screen, if ethernet, WiFi, and MoCA all have green OKs, I still think that is your problem. I would check that again, make sure only wireless shows OK, then I would reboot the Hopper and my router.

There isn`t an Ethernet connection. I misspoke before, meant it all checked out. I replaced the hopper already. Definitely only has one wireless connection to the internet

There isn`t an Ethernet connection. I misspoke before, meant it all checked out. I replaced the hopper already. Definitely only has one wireless connection to the internet

Maybe try out Ethernet cable from one Hopper to your router if you have a long enough cable and make sure no wireless connection.

Maybe try out Ethernet cable from one Hopper to your router if you have a long enough cable and make sure no wireless connection.
The internet is totally disconnected from the setup now. The joey`s are still freezing up

Any change here yet? When the joeys freeze, are you getting an error message with a 3 digit code? Or do you ever see an error message on the joeys? Or does the picture just totally freeze up ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)