problem with legacy dishnet gear

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mike_in_tn

Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
I have a legacy Dish 500 sys with twin lnbf's and 3900 receiver that has performed flawlessly for several years however recently I have lost all the 110 channels. I replaced the twin lnbf and still have the same issue. I can get a >100 signal on 119 but selecting 110 reports wrong satellite?? Signal level is very good typically better than 100 on 119. Tech Support suggests a $99.95 tech visit but I'll sign up with DTV for only 29.99 before I do that. I really like the Dishnet packages so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Doing a test switch only shows the 119 sat, 110 is "x" out.

When attempting to reset the box by unplugging for 30 secs the 119 satellite is still selected for acquistion. Its like the box forgot about the 110 satellite altogether.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

Remove the satellite cable from the back of the 3900, then run a switch test it should find no satellites connected. Reconnect the cable from the dish and rerun the switch test hopefully it will find both 119 & 110. If it dosen't find both look for another cause like a blockage of the dish by tree branches. If you have a friend that has a Legacy DISH 500 system connect your receiver and run a switch test and see if the receiver works on a working system. Worst case scenario, call DISH and order the DHPP and get a $29.99 service call then after problem is cured cancel DHPP.

do you have a legacy twin? or two legacy dual's? is there is a sw21 switch? if so i'd say it's the switch that is bad, if there is a switch, unhook it and hook the receiver directly up to the 110 lnb and see if you are getting a signal, that will tell you if you have a line of sight problem, or not

I tried disconnecting the cable and running the check switch routine and then with the cable hooked back up. Still the same issue- 110 not detected. I even tried to find the 110 satelite with no success. I have the integral twin LNB with the Dish 500 system with built in switch. I just replaced this item as I figured it was the culprit. I tried with the receiver ~5' away from the dish with a short piece of cable and I get the same result. On 119 I am running ~120 on signal right now. I wonder if the Rx is the problem. I hate to call a tech since he will probably tell me I need to upgrade to fix the issue. Guess I'll try the $29 service visit and cancel the 5.95 warranty fee later... I really don't watch enough TV to justify spending 50+ bucks with cable and the Top60+ with an occasional PPV movie fills my needs. Maybe I can get the Dish folks to match the DTV offer and I can get all new gear! ;)

Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)