Problem with my HR20's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

donwylie

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2005
dallas texas
I have had 2 HR20-600 receivers for over a year and recently I have had the same issue with both. You will be watching TV and the receiver will just stop working (Black TV picture) and it's hung up. The remote will not change the channel or turn it off all you can do is either unplug the receiver or push the reset button. After about 4 mintues the unit will automatically reboot itself.
After the cold boot which takes 3 to 4 minutes to reacquire the satellite, the receiver will work fine until the next time it happens.
D*Tv replaced one receiver last month and thus far the problem has not reoccured on that receiver. The second receiver doesn't do it as often, but it happens once or twice a month.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Don

I have had 2 HR20-600 receivers for over a year and recently I have had the same issue with both. You will be watching TV and the receiver will just stop working (Black TV picture) and it's hung up. The remote will not change the channel or turn it off all you can do is either unplug the receiver or push the reset button. After about 4 mintues the unit will automatically reboot itself.
After the cold boot which takes 3 to 4 minutes to reacquire the satellite, the receiver will work fine until the next time it happens.
D*Tv replaced one receiver last month and thus far the problem has not reoccured on that receiver. The second receiver doesn't do it as often, but it happens once or twice a month.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Don

There is no such receiver HR20-600. Do you mean the H20-600? That's the one made by LG. It has had many issues since it was introduced. Mine was so bad I sent it bad. Perhaps you need to replace it. Call D* and let them know about it. If you have the protection plan it will be free.

Yes sorry its the H20. D*TV replaced the one with another 600, so can you request a different model when they replace them ?
Thanks for the response.
Don

You can ask, but it might not make any difference. This effect apparently is related to overheating. I had a H20-600 (replaced by upgrading to a HR20-700) and it ran quite hot. It rebooted spontaneously a couple of times. If it had continued (and I hadn't replaced it), I was planning to add some external cooling (a fan powered by the USB port). Having it located where there is adequate airflow should help. I have heard that there is a software fix to make it run cooler, but don't know whether that has been released or how much it helps.

The other HR20-100 model has its own issues, such as HDMI compatibility with some TVs.

You can ask, but it might not make any difference. This effect apparently is related to overheating. I had a H20-600 (replaced by upgrading to a HR20-700) and it ran quite hot. It rebooted spontaneously a couple of times. If it had continued (and I hadn't replaced it), I was planning to add some external cooling (a fan powered by the USB port). Having it located where there is adequate airflow should help. I have heard that there is a software fix to make it run cooler, but don't know whether that has been released or how much it helps.

The other HR20-100 model has its own issues, such as HDMI compatibility with some TVs.

What is the maximum temperature that the HR20-700 should run before it is considered overheated?
Also what is the normal running temperature of this receiver? Mine usually runs about 120 degrees, and since I don't seem to have problems I would assume this is acceptable.

What is the maximum temperature that the HR20-700 should run before it is considered overheated?
Also what is the normal running temperature of this receiver? Mine usually runs about 120 degrees, and since I don't seem to have problems I would assume this is acceptable.

That's fine at that temperature.

My HR20-700 runs around 127 and no problems. The HR20-100 runs much cooler despite being underneath it. It runs around 105-110.

I have seen mine run anywhere from 116* (that was rare) to 127* and maybe 130* once for a while, but it usually runs between 120* and 127*

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

how do I delete recorded episodes?

AT9 self intallation tips

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)