Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikelib

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 26, 2009
Jersey Sure
I purchased mySolomend PVR800 from Sadoun at Dayton Hamventiontwo years ago. For the last two years I always used the STB as a slave. Ithought I would upgrade the software, and use the STB as a stand alone receiver.So I upgraded the firmware to (version 7/31/11).

I have run into two problems.

1. I noticed thaton the antenna setup screen I lost the field where you can pick if you want toset the vertical or horizontal or both for scanning transponders.

Don’t know if thefield is not supported with the newer release. Without this field it makes it harder toblindscan when using the STB as a slave.

Did I miss thisfield is it on another page or it is gone????

2. As a standaloneSTB I have a problem that the set looks like it is not powering the LNB even with the LNB power field set toon. The signal strength shows 36% and signal quality shows 10% with no LNBconnected. With the LNB connected the signal strength goes up to 43%.

Now I can controlthe motor with both vertical and horizontal transponder without any problem. Sopower is leaving PVR800. But I get no signal. I check the voltages coming outof the cable and they are in spec. It can receive a signal if I use it as aslave, but it does not work as a standalone STB.

Is this a problemwith upgrading the software????

Any ideas on how toresolve these problems is greatly appreciated.
Mike Lib

AFAIK the newer firmware does not allow scanning only one polarity. [actually didn't know any FW did. My original FW didn't. S9, about the same age.]
Seems fishy with the signal strength indication. Mine will, and always has, shown 10 if no LNB connected. 40 - 45 with it connected. Higher if/when Q is locked.

check the system info screen,I bet all the id's show 000000000000
I could never get firmware prior to march 25, 2011 to work on my s10,which must have been the transition period from solomend to s9.Same symptoms or just -- on the front panel.I assume the opposite is also true,trying to run new firmware on old receivers.

My orginal firmware allowed the chose of polarity. It did not have a dump feature so I guess the orginal software is lost forever. The set will be two years old this coming May. I never updated it because you break your fingers using the clunky remote. I must admit the new Skyvision software workes well but I still have the two problems with it. Like every one on the FTA fourm, I am waiting for the MicroHD to become available.
Thanks for your comments
mikelib
AFAIK the newer firmware does not allow scanning only one polarity. [actually didn't know any FW did. My original FW didn't. S9, about the same age.]
Seems fishy with the signal strength indication. Mine will, and always has, shown 10 if no LNB connected. 40 - 45 with it connected. Higher if/when Q is locked.

I check the System information and all the correct information is there. The sofware updated fine, as a matter of fact I updated 3 different version of the software. I did 2 S9 and settled for the Skyvision version. It is working well but I have lost the feature of picking polarity and I just don't understand why it won't work in the stand alone mode.
thanks for your comments.
mikelib

check the system info screen,I bet all the id's show 000000000000
I could never get firmware prior to march 25, 2011 to work on my s10,which must have been the transition period from solomend to s9.Same symptoms or just -- on the front panel.I assume the opposite is also true,trying to run new firmware on old receivers.

Does anybody kept copy of this Tiger firmware somewhere???? I will love to load it on my Openboxes/Solomend and take a look

I can pm a link if you want.
I also have the maldives file that they say works on the s9 and has interesting menus.
I can't get the tuner to work on my s10 with it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)