Problem with NBCHD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sox404

Original poster
Dec 24, 2004
For the last couple of days I'm getting about a 1" horizontal stripe across the very top of the TV only on Ch 82. If the background color is blue, the stripe is green. If it's red, the stripe is purple. It can't be the TV because it's the same on my Panny plasma using a Sammy HD STB as well as my very new 70" Sony XBR2 using an HR10-250. Does anyone else have this problem or have any ideas as to what might be causing it?

I am getting it too. At first I thought it had always been there because I just got a new TV and hadn't been able to see the whole screen.

It was driving me nuts during Heroes.
I couldn't focus on the episode while my girlfriend had no issue with it... until I kept bringing it up.

I'm also only noticing it on channel 82.

Thanks for confirming that this is a D* issue. I'm not looking forward to running the gauntlet of D* CSRs to try to get them to address this. I've been a D* customer for many years and have tolerated HD-Lite but this could drive me back to cable until FIOS comes to my town.

Yes. And I don't think it's NBC NY because a friend who gets NBC NY through cable does not have this issue.

Whew, I thought there was something wrong with my TV! Yes, I noticed the same problem, it doesn't show up on all screens but enough to be bothersome. Ch82 only.

Talked to a tech at D* (no CSR carousel either, got through after only one exchange) and they were "not aware" of this stripe. I directed him to this thread and he linked it on his message to the broadcast center to show them it was not an isolated situation.

So if anyone else in the NYC area has this problem, please chime in.

Stripe's still there, bigger and uglier than ever. H10, H20, HR10-250, all show it.

I'm chiming in. I have the same thing with my Samsung receiver. Channel 82 has the bar at the top. ONLY channel 82. Been this way for over a week. Guess misery loves company.

Still have this sucky stripe... :(

I guess anther call to Advanced Tech is warranted.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts