problem with new 625

You won't have any luck using a DP34 in place of a legacy SWxx switch unless you are replacing the LNBFs at the same time. DishPro and Legacy are not compatible.

What would be a good switch to go with? I wiil need six ports in the near future.

I've tried all of the different port configurations and none seem to work. I finally hookied up my original SW21 switch and hooked it up to my 510 and it is working. So I know I'm good from my LNB to my switch and from my switch to my receiver. I guess the only thing left is the switch. Should I stick with the DP34 or get a SW44 or SW64?

Now you got me confused. If you're using a DP34 switch, what kind of LNBs are you using? They MUST be Dish PRO. If you're using a SW21, you're using LEGACY LNBs right?

Like Pepper said, you can't mix lnbs and switches. All the equipment has to be Legacy or Dish Pro.

I guess they are legacy the dish installer installed my upgrade and put the SW21 switch. The DP34 is a switch I bought off of ebay. I did not realize there was a difference. Sorry about the confusion. What would be a good switch to go with to run up to six recievers? Do you have a suggestion as to where I could purchase one?

Dish Network receivers have a max of 4 outputs but the DPP44 switch can feed a dual tuner with a single cable run when used with a separator. You can trunk a second switch off the first one.

You must use Dish Pro LNBs if you're gonna use a DP34 or a DPP44 switch.

If I'm not ready to change my LNBs at this time. What switch will give me the maximum ports out?

If I'm not ready to change my LNBs at this time. What switch will give me the maximum ports out?

If you're gonna keep the Legacy LNBs (not recommended), the SW64 will give you a total of 4 outputs. Cascading gets a little too complicated with Legacy switches, that's why I don't recommended.

See picture below:

Attachments

• SW64 Cascade.jpg
    SW64 Cascade.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 76
I see what you mean. To switch to Dish Pro I would just need to replace my LNBs with Dish Pro LNBs and I could use my DP34? And in the future in order to add more receivers I would need to get a DPP44? Or can I add another DP34?

yes, you would need to replace your LNBs with DishPro.

You can run three short cables from the ports on the right side of the first DP34 to the inputs on the left side of another DP34 (or the first three inputs of a DPP44 for that matter). It supports a total of three switches, six if you split the signal between the LNBs and each group of switches.

Here is the DP34 install manual for more detail.
http://www.solidsignal.tv/dishnetwo...s/DISH_Pro_DP34_Switch_Installation_Guide.pdf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)