Problem with P2.89 software and 119 and the 811!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JoeSp

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 11, 2003
I had my installer over this morning for a realingment of my 61.5 dish as it was not working. It is now working fine and I asked him if he knew anything about the problem with the signals from 110 and 119.

He stated that Dish was having some real problems with 119 and that the new software for the 811 is creating havic with maitaining signal continuity with 110 and 119. It just so happened that the download of P2.89 and the problems with the 119 satelitte happened in about the same time frame.

We're up we'er down --- up --- down. Man, I hope that after Dish starts using MPEG4 and their newly aquired and installed assets that these problems really do go away. It is had trying to watch something when you constantly loose the signal or the picture freezes up!!! It is even harder paying for this service? :(

As I have stated before, I am in the same boat. My 811 looses connectivity with the sats and freezes up and then hangs on aquiring signal. I had it connected via DVI and component. I disconnected the DVI as some have suggested that could be a problem. Signal levels on 119 TP 11 are 100, 119 TP 12 are 95. On one 110 TP 11 is 94 and 110 TP 12 is 95. ALL TPs on the 61.5 are above 110.

I can go in and see a signal loss on the sys info screens once I reboot and get the damn thing running again.

Mark

My signal strength is high 80's for both 110 and 119 but I haven't had the problems you're desribing. My 811 went from 2.84 to 2.89 recently and I have noticed some issues with updating guide info and some stalling when going to the guide from an OTA channel but my service has not been interrupted.

I disconnected the DVI cable from my Mits 48413 and Dish 811 and my reboot problem has gone away...for now. Its been running for a couple of days with no problems. I have a couple of OTA issues with it locking up and needing a quick soft reboot, but it goes through aquiring signal thing okay now.

:cool: Fingers crossed :cool:

Mark

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)