Problem with Pansat 3500 and CM File List

Status
Please reply by conversation.

linuxman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
North West of St. Louis, MO
One of my Pansat 3500s is giving me some problems, ie., display lower and higher symbol rate channels have some pixelation, and am having problems holding a lock on some channels.

I have done a close examination of all the capacitors using a huge magnifying glass, and they all look fine.

I have a jtag cable on the way so that I can do a "software re-calibration" on the unit as soon as the cable arrives.

While waiting on the cable to arrive, I decided to start cleaning up the channel list for this unit. It is the same channel list I started over a year ago. I have moved the list to several different Pansat receivers I use and none of them seem to have the problem.

I can delete channels fine with no problems.

When I try and delete a transponder, Channel Master crashes. I did a search on CM's forums, but did not find an answer.

Is the problem with the PS 3500 and the channel list all related?

Is the channel list corrupted?

I would rather not lose the list. I have put a lot of work in it over the past year or so.

What are your suggestions?

Thanks!

Started going through all my old channel lists and had to go back to one from Dec. 2007 to get one I could delete a transponder from and not have Channel Master crash.

Loaded it into the receiver, but am still having issues with low and high symbol rate channels displaying without pixelation.

It isn't a signal issue. I have great SQ on all these channels.

I guess it just needs a tune-up. Then I can start scanning and fixing the channel list again.

At least not all my work is lost. :)

I have moved this receiver to the BLSA/TT S2-3200 setup, so it will get scanned on all satellites again anyway, so it is time to update the list. :)

Got my cable today and did my "software re-calibration", and it worked.

The box functions much better than it did, so that procedure does work.

The box is working almost like it did new. :)

What does "software recalibration" entail?
Or if you found instructions somewhere, how 'bout a link?
I've never heard of such a procedure.

What does "software recalibration" entail?
That was the phrase used by Pansat when I sent this same receiver in over a year ago when I asked what they had done to fix it.

I extrapolated from that phrase that they had just set the firmware back to factory calibration. In other words, they jtagged it.

Or if you found instructions somewhere, how 'bout a link?
I've never heard of such a procedure.

You won't find a link on Pansat's website. The only place you can get instructions and factory files for the procedure is on sites we don't link to or talk about here.

They provide a way to "fix" whatever they break with their funny firmware.

But the procedure will fix a box that has never had funny firmware on it, but over time has gotten out of calibration. :)

This is not something a newbie or anyone lacking experience flashing a bios on a computer should try. :yikes:

factory default

Fred, that does more than just a 'factory default' and reloading the firmware?
Not that I would wanna try it, I have flashed a bios or two, but cringed every time I did it , hhaha.

linuxman
Good to see you didnt lose your work. I try to save work as both the native format for the box it's for and a project file. That way it's backed up in two different modes.

linuxman
Good to see you didnt lose your work. I try to save work as both the native format for the box it's for and a project file. That way it's backed up in two different modes.

I save everything from files wherever they came from to parts and pieces. The place is cluttered with them. :eek:

Fred, that does more than just a 'factory default' and reloading the firmware?
Not that I would wanna try it, I have flashed a bios or two, but cringed every time I did it , hhaha.

Yes it does! :)

It comes up to the level of changing a battery in a DSR-922. One wrong move and you can watch the dollar bills fly out the window. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)