Problem with Pansat 3500s

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RussTC3

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
Hi everyone. I've been pretty satisfied with my FTA, been picking up some great international programming, as that's mostly what I used my BUD for to begin with (lots of great FTA on P9 by the way).

Anyways, recently I've encountered a problem with my Pansat 3500s. Whenever I go into the installation and satellite setup menu, if I move about going down a few times to edit a satellite or add one, my unit freezes. It freezes for a few seconds and then automatically reboots (showing b-70 on the front).

I have updated my firmware to the newest release from Pansat (1.20N) in hopes it would solve the problem, but still nothing.

I fear it's an unfixable hardware problem. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

it might be transponder overload.

Some machines do wacky things when you have blind scanned too many times (my Pansat 1500 has the same symptoms). I go into transponder edit and remove all the TP's except for one (it wont delete your channels).

That seems to do the trick for me :)

Iceberg said:
it might be transponder overload.

Some machines do wacky things when you have blind scanned too many times (my Pansat 1500 has the same symptoms). I go into transponder edit and remove all the TP's except for one (it wont delete your channels).

That seems to do the trick for me :)
Thanks for the quick response Iceberg.

I do blind scan a lot (especialy when I first got the unit) , so I guess that's possible.

What if I were to just factory reset the unit? (I could always just rescan the satellites I watch again at a later time, no biggie now for me to do that).

Would that work as well?

I'll do your first suggestion, and see what happens. Let me know what you think.

Thanks again. You guys all rock!

if you want to literally start from scratch-factory default

if you want to keep your chanenls-delete TP's one by one

If you do lots of blind scanning, its well worth doing it the "one by one" way. I just deleted almost 350 TP's on mine the other day (60+ on SBS6 alone)

Just to clarify things.

Which transponders should I delete? I won't lose anything? Am I to understand that it doesn't really matter which I delete?

with the Pansat, you can delete all the TP's if you want. I always keep one that is usally active just in case. My Pansat 1500 I can do this but on my Coolsat if I delete a TP and a channel is attached to it, I lose the channel too :(

I would delete the TP's on one satellite and make sure the channels are still there. If they aren't, then a factory reset would be easier :)

Did it on a few satellites (P9 had 47 transponders!!!).

Mostly deleted the ones not in use and transponders from a few other satellites.

The installation setup for antennas seems to be working just fine! Thanks again, Iceberg!

One more thing, unrelated to this current problem. I sometimes am watching a channel and change satellites and then when I come back to the previous satellite channel, the station doesn't come in anymore. I get a "No Signal" message. Turning off the receiver or unplugging it for a few minutes usually does the job, but it's pretty darn annoying.

Any ideas as to what the problem might be there? It's still doing it, as it just happened while I was fixing the current problem. Could it also have something to do with transponder overload? Weak LNB? (though strength is usually high when I receive the station).

Thanks again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)