Problem with pausing and resuming

rvvaquero

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 3, 2012
SE Texas
I am using a VIP211K. I need help learning how to do what I want to do.

Example: Yesterday, I was recording the U.S. Open on FS1 (seven hours of coverage plus an extra hour of recording). I was watching it about 3 hours behind live TV. I wanted to switch to my OTA local station to watch the news. So, I put the golf on pause, then changed channels to the local OTA station.

After the news, I went to my list of recordings and clicked on the U.S. Open. I had no option to resume. The recording had completed and the only option I had was to view or delete the recording. How do I pause this recording so that I can come back and resume it where I left off?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

I am using a VIP211K. I need help learning how to do what I want to do.

Example: Yesterday, I was recording the U.S. Open on FS1 (seven hours of coverage plus an extra hour of recording). I was watching it about 3 hours behind live TV. I wanted to switch to my OTA local station to watch the news. So, I put the golf on pause, then changed channels to the local OTA station.

After the news, I went to my list of recordings and clicked on the U.S. Open. I had no option to resume. The recording had completed and the only option I had was to view or delete the recording. How do I pause this recording so that I can come back and resume it where I left off?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Why couldn't you just start the recording over and fast forward back to where you left off?

Why couldn't you just start the recording over and fast forward back to where you left off?

That's what I did but it's very difficult to find the proper spot with eight hours of recording. I just thought I should be able to resume watching where I left off. I'm not overly knowledgeable about using the receiver and figured I was missing something.

That's what I did but it's very difficult to find the proper spot with eight hours of recording. I just thought I should be able to resume watching where I left off. I'm not overly knowledgeable about using the receiver and figured I was missing something.

Normally you should be able to resume but it would only take a couple minutes to find about where you were.

How do I pause this recording so that I can come back and resume it where I left off?
Unfortunately, you can't. There have been many posts about it the last few years. Why you can't I'm not certain of.

Reactions: Hall
If you're viewing a recording in progress, even if you're paused and 'behind', it doesn't keep "track" of where you are or were.

Normally you should be able to resume but it would only take a couple minutes to find about where you were.

If the recording were complete, it would be easy to find where you left off just by noting the time left when you pause. Finding a leaving off spot in a golf match is not easy, there's no progression of scenes and plots like in a movie, most scenes look the same or similar.

Unfortunately, you can't. There have been many posts about it the last few years. Why you can't I'm not certain of.

If you're viewing a recording in progress, even if you're paused and 'behind', it doesn't keep "track" of where you are or were.

Thanks for all replies. I've been reading this forum for years, I guess I just missed the previous threads on this subject.

PIP swap is your friend as long as you haven't been on the other tuner beyond the one hour buffer. Pause, Swap, tune the channel you want - when you swap back the recording will resume playing where you paused. ( PIP Swap is the Input button on the new remotes.)

Since the recording is incomplete, there is no way to index it so you can go back to where you paused.

Using the play button on the remote control works as a defacto resume button on recordings that are still recording on the Hopper 3 or older Hoppers with the new CUI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)