Problem with pixelation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

David R

Original poster
Jun 15, 2005
Hello. I just moved to a new house and a Bright House tech set everything up on Monday. Everything has been great until this evening.

Now, a lot of channels such as Food Network, National Geographic, Discovery Health, etc pixelate really badly at random intervals and the sound stutters. This is making some channels unwatchable. This isn't constant, it may work fine for a few minutes and then the pixelation begins again.

However, the "networks" such as NBC, CBS, FOX, etc, all come through OK.

I called Customer Service, the first lady had me restart the box and everything seemed OK so we ended the call. A couple of minutes later the problem started again, so I called back. Once again we went through the reboot dance and then the lady said that someone will have to come check the wiring.

Of course since I work "regular" hours, the only time I can meet a technician is this Saturday, which means that if this problem continues, I'm stuck with poor picture quality tonight, Thursday and Friday.

Does anyone have any suggestions of something I could do on my end or have them do over the phone? Again, the networks come through OK, it's the others that pixelate.

Thanks!

i'm no expert (and there are others here who are) but it sounds like maybe you need to have your line checked. it could be that they need to run heavier cable from the pole to your box (if its a super huge distance). or maybe, put an amplifier on your line. or maybe something needs tweeking.

since you can only meet with the tech on saturday, i suggest a call to customer service and ask if you can get a partial credit for the days your picture has been bad. other than that, maybe steven has a better suggestion!!!

Hello. I just moved to a new house and a Bright House tech set everything up on Monday. Everything has been great until this evening.

Now, a lot of channels such as Food Network, National Geographic, Discovery Health, etc pixelate really badly at random intervals and the sound stutters. This is making some channels unwatchable. This isn't constant, it may work fine for a few minutes and then the pixelation begins again.

However, the "networks" such as NBC, CBS, FOX, etc, all come through OK.

I called Customer Service, the first lady had me restart the box and everything seemed OK so we ended the call. A couple of minutes later the problem started again, so I called back. Once again we went through the reboot dance and then the lady said that someone will have to come check the wiring.

Of course since I work "regular" hours, the only time I can meet a technician is this Saturday, which means that if this problem continues, I'm stuck with poor picture quality tonight, Thursday and Friday.

Does anyone have any suggestions of something I could do on my end or have them do over the phone? Again, the networks come through OK, it's the others that pixelate.

Thanks!

REally there is not much for you to do personnaly Unless you want to check your house wiring out. Find the Common point (where the splitter is and all cables meet) Check to make sure that it is at least 1ghz (not a 450mhz/500mhz splitter) Incase the installer didnt, seems maybe you have having a problem with high freq. Also ensure you do not have any extra splitter behind the tv.

I would also after the service call on saturday call to request a service credit it want be much since it is only a digital problem but anybit helps. Course im sure its not a money issue but only you want the problem to work.

Question:

Is this the only box you have?

Yes, it's the only box I have.

Today even the networks are pixelating and stuttering so I can't wait for the tech to come here tomorrow (having said that, I have not received the customary day-before reminder call, hmmm)

And you are right, it's not about money but since today even the networks are unwatchable, I went ahead and submitted a credit request. I don't mind if they deny it, I just hope the issue is addressed tomorrow.

hmm, i never had to wait for a credit request, if i asked for one. it might take a day for it to post to your account. but they should tell you when you call!!

I just emailed them. They emailed me a few hours later telling me that they've given me credit for Wednesday through Saturday so that was very nice of them.

The tech just left the house, it looks like the problem was at the pole with a damaged wire or something like that. He spent about 45 minutes up there doing some work and things seem OK now. I hope they remain well.

Thank you everyone for your comments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts