problem with quality X4 bud

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnny33156

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
I have a 10-dish with a c-ku feedhorn and live in miami fl.
I have found x4 and i receive quality of about 80.
On my digital channels the picture comes in but it freezes every 15 seconds
or so. I have tried adjusting the azmith and elevation but quality of 80 is the best i get while making these adjustments. I tried to adjust the throat of the feedhorn but it is at .37 and frozen in place and can not be adjusted.
I am using an old cal amp ku lnb gain 59 db and noise 09 db.
My questions are as follows...
Will a new ku lnb solve my problem ?
Is there an in-line amplifier for ku and will it solve my problem ?
What is the formula of a 10-foot dish as to distance from the dish for the feedhorn ?
What is the formula for postion of the throat for feedhorn for the depth and diameter
of my dish ?
Thanks for any help... Johnny

It is curious that it occurs every 15 seconds at Q80. On all digital channels? On all satellites C or Ku? Before buying anything I would also check any cable connectors for loose or corroded, wet fittings. Even with the skew adjustment seized in place, you can experiment with the skew settings on your setup from the receiver.

In my experience with X4 on my 10' Unimesh, I found that the KU side is slightly east of the C band on G16-X4. I have a good lock on Ku all the way down to about Q35. Presently using a BSC621 on the feed, without the switch. On Ku it is not quite as good as my old setup as seen in my avatar,which was damaged by lightning. I also have a dedicated 90cm dish pointed at 99 deg.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)