Problem with rectangular black box on screen

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

wongloo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 7, 2005
I was watching Fox on HD (show "24") last night and a big rectangular solid black box appeared on my screen which basically covered almost all of the bottom half of the screen. When I press any button on my remote (e.g., volume, guide, etc.) the box goes away, but reappears about 10 seconds later and stays there until I hit another button. This was also happening on the non HD Fox channel, and on non HD WB channel ("7th Heaven", "Summerland"). Wasn't happening on any other channel that I tried. Later on when the shows were over and the news came on, the black box went away. Any ideas?

This wasn't happening on my other TV, which leads me to believe it's either the receiver (Zenith) or the television (Samsung).

I'm having the same problem - rectangular black box

I'm having the same problem. Occasionally a rectangular black box, almost the size of the screen, appears on my TV. In order to clear it, I have to turn the TV off and on. What's causing this problem? What is the solution?

It is a closed captioning box generated by the TV ( not the DirecTV box). It happens when CC is on but set to one of the "unused" CC modes. Just make sure CC is off on the TV and it will go away.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)