Problem with UHF remote onTV2 722K receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
1. Be sure the UHF remote antenna is properly connected to the correct f-connector on the back of your receiver.

2. Be sure the 10dB attenuator is not attached to the aforesaid f connector.

3. You may extend the antenna with a piece of RG-6 for better placement or to use another type of UHF antenna.

On a 722k, make sure you are using band B.

If memory serves me correctly if you have the 21.0 remote all you have to do is use a even number remote code to get band b.

If your TV2 location is far away from the receiver or it has many walls between TV2 and receiver, the UHF antenna can be moved from the receiver to the TV2 location directly behind the TV. It requires two splitters and a couple of feet of coax. This works 100% of the time. I have to do this all the time, especially on multi-story homes. I also did this on an install where the customer wanted to have TV2 in a barn 350 feet away from the receiver and moved the remote antenna to the barn and it worked perfectly.

Backfeed antenna signal to receiver using same coax as RF signal from receiver to TV?
Frequencies must be enough different that you don't need some sort of diplexor, just a splitter.

Mark

Some HD tvs will interfere with the UHF signal for TV2. I had the same problem right after I installed a new Sammy LCD in my bedroom. I moved the antenna further from the TV by connecting a piece of RG6 about 3 or 4 feet long to the antenna input of the 722k, and connected the antenna to the other end. All good now. HTH.

Can anyone confirm the diagram below to move the remote antenna to the TV2 location? I just wasn't sure it would work, with the 2 tv's being connected with a diplex, rather than a straight coax between both tv's. Thanks?
remote_antenna.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts