Problem with UHF remote

LoTech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Whitesburg, Kentucky
If upgrading to HD was going to be this much trouble, I'd stay with SD. First I had a signal problem that I had to fix myself, now my UHF remote won't work right at night. It works fine during the day, but at night its hit or miss. Does anyone know of a reason this might happen.

I don't think it is the receiver because I still have the remote from my 322 (haven't sent it back in yet), and when I programmed it to the receiver it worked fine. When I do the switch back to the new one it sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't.

Yep, I have this problem, I find that aiming remote up toward ceiling always works. Seems like it is hit and miss when aimed directly at uhf antenna.
Dan

What receiver? Is it a duo and is the remote for TV2 output? If it is and isn't a 922, you can add a pigtail to the remote antenna. Just a piece of coax and a female/female connector. Move the antenna away from the back of the receiver. Worked for me.

Mine is 722, tv2 remote. I tried your pigtail trick awhile back, didn't seem to help much so I took it off, might try it again. What is strange is that I have straight los to the antenna, only 9 feet away, I do have an ehd right next to the antenna 6" away, I wonder if this could be causing a problem?
Dan

Is there a way to change the UHF channel on the remote? I can't remember exactly on which screen I saw the number, but when I programmed the old 322 remote the channel number was 1. On the new remote it was 9. I'm not sure what these numbers represent, but the old remote performed much better than the new one.

My Primary and secondary are set to #1, I don't recall how to change them, maybe you can find this info in your manual.
Dan

If an LCD's backlight with the wrong settings can interfere with the IR sensor, can it "flood" all selections for certain times of the day?

It depends on circuit design so there is no single answer but most Dish receivers probably have the same combining of IR and UHF signals.

-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)