Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

marlon

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
more questions then answers

OK friends this is my new dilemma i was up on my roof today trying to get my system up and running .... i was under the impresion that there would be numbers on the poles of my bud 10` ... but theres nothing to indicate me how to position the satellite like latitude longitude azimuth and elevation ......iam really frustrated with this iam about to just give up real upset sorry to express my feelings but is really hard ..... antenna is set up on the roof and i even tested the analog receiver and it moves the antenna but i have no idea what to do from there ...i live in queens NY and according to some of you guys my best satellite is ,ACM6 LATITUDE 72.00 LONGITUDE 40.69 AZIMUTH 177.2 ELEVATION 42.9 BUT THATS ALL I KNOW THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME

Interesting situation you're in. What to do? If the dish was already there, and I think you've said before it was? It should be already in place for the proper angle for the satellites, of course it might not be. But, if it is, then you can put the analog receiver on AMC3 (W3 in old analog receivers) and on channel 20 vertical. Now, you can bump (move) it east or west and you should pick up this channel, somewhere on the arc. When you do, you'll know where you're at. If you don't get this channel, maybe the dish angle is not right after all. In this case, I would get a protractor and find a nearby prime focus dish with a polar mount (assuming your dish is prime focus and has a polar mount), and check and see what angle the polar mount is, and come back and set my dish to that angle. Then try the above again. And make sure the polar mount is pointing north and south, not magnetic north or south.

Al

Hire someone.

Was it working previously? If so, then there is no reason to assume it needs to be reaimed.

You set the elevation adjustment with an inclinometer that you can buy from a hardware store for about $15, and the azimuth wiith a compass, that you can get for free in a Cracker Jacks box, or you can do it by visually targeting clear, analog transponders.

To set the azimuth, you need to put your TV and sat receiver next to your dish. and try to view the lowest analog channel that you can target.

AMC 10 at 135 degrees trans: 9 QVC 10 HSN (leaving) or 19 C-Span2
Galaxy 15 133 Degrees: 11 EWTN 12 Shop NBC Classic Arts Showcase 5
AMC 11 131 Trans: 7 CSpan, 10 America's store 11
Galaxy 14 125 Trans, 3 TBN

What you do is, drop the dish near to horizontal, set the receiver on each channel, and swing it side to side until you see a picture, or if you see no picture, use the motor to "gunch" it up a couple of degrees and swing it again. That will roughly set your azimuth.

Then, set the receiver for AMC 3 87 deg Tr: 20, The University Channel (Dr. Gene Scott) and swing the dish to near the top of the arc to find it and peak on it. It should actually be about 20 degrees west of due south. If you don't see it, try moving your dish up a tiny amount at a time and re-sweeping, or when you give up, try moving it down and resweeping, until you find it. Then, go back to your lowest clear channel and repeak.

Then, go back to the University Channel and repeak.

Now, to really fine tune it, you need to find SBS6 and try to find a clear program on it. If you can call someone who has a Ku dish and find out which SBS 6 transponders are in use, you can look for that. You have to hit Ku satellites more precisely than C band, but remember, use only the elevation adjustment for the elevation, and only rotate the can on the mast for the lowest satellite or azimuth alignment.

SBS 6 74 Ku sometimes carries clear analog programming on trandsponders 5, 7, 9, 18, and 19

actuator error

iam getting actuator error on my analog box E.................W ACTUATOR ERROR THATS WHAT IAM GETTING ON MY UNIDEN 4400 PLUS I CANT FIND AMC 3 OR W3 ON THE ANALOG BOX ALL I SEE IS W2 AND OTHER SATELLITE`S SO PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD DO OR IF ANYONE KNOW A PERSON THAT COULD COME HELP ME WITH THE ANTENNA IN NYC QUEENS OR A DEALER AROUND HERE CAUSE I FEEL I TRYED EVERYTHING AND I CANT GET THIS DONE

aim getting actuator error on my analog box E.................W ACTUATOR ERROR THATS WHAT AIM GETTING ON MY UNDONE 4400 PLUS I CANT FIND ACM 3 OR W3 ON THE ANALOG BOX ALL I SEE IS W2 AND OTHER SATELLITE`S SO PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD DO OR IF ANYONE KNOW A PERSON THAT COULD COME HELP ME WITH THE ANTENNA IN NYC QUEENS OR A DEALER AROUND HERE CAUSE I FEEL I TYRED EVERYTHING AND I CANT GET THIS DONE

One More Thing

WHEN I TURN THE BOX ON I SEE THE BUD MOVING BUT I QUICK TURN IT OFF ..... AND THE OTHER DAY I HOOKED THE ANALOG RECIVER TO THE TV TO SEE HOW IT WOULD WORK WITH OUT CONNECTING IT TO THE BUD AND I WAS GETTING THE ACTUATOR ERROR WITHOUT HAVING THE BUD CONNECTED MAY BE COULD IT BE THE RECEIVER THAT HAVE A PROBLEM OR IS IT THE ACTUAL ACTUATOR PLEASE RESPOND:confused:

Turn off the caps lock dude...makes it sound like you're yelling

merged threads too...please keep it in one topic, thanks :)

Satellites Galaxy1, Telestar, Galaxy 2 Galaxy3 ,2g F1 And Some Others That I Dont Remember ....................... Iceburg Sorry If I Upset You

But The Proble With Actuator Is Been Solved I Had The Cables Cross But I Got That Fix Dish Moving Now I Need To My Most Southern Sateelite On Analog And By Doing This And Getting The Analog Channels Is It Gonna Be Possible To Get Fta Clannels With The Free To Air Box

yes you can...you should be able to get FTA with that.

Do you know if there is a KU Band LNB on it?

No Only C Band No Ku I Just Dont Know How To Set Up My.... W3 Satellite On My Uniden 4400 ...w3 Is Supose To Be My Southern Satellite

Believe it or not. True South is not a big factor with C-band. You just make sure the polar mount is pointing north and south, that's why it's called a polar mount. On AMC3 (W3) there is a clear channel called "University Network" on channel 20. Set your receiver for the W3 satellite on channel 20 and move the dish across the arc. If AMC3 (W3) is your true south sat, the dish should find W3 around midday (straight up) or midnight (straight up), or any other time of the day straight up. That is if your elevation angle is correct, it should be OK if it's close. If you manage to find this channel, then you can use your DVB reveiver and scan for FTA. Good Luck.....

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts