Problems on Dish receiver with KJRH Tulsa OTA.

osu1991

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
I noticed starting last Saturday a problem with KJRH, the Tulsa NBC affiliate. When viewing live through the OTA tuner on my 722, the video is stuttering or dropping frames. The video is going frame by frame while the audio is fine. All my other TV and OTA Dvr tuners are fine with KJRH feed. Currently for me the Dish HD feed of KJRH appears fine, although Saturday night the Dish HD feed was having problems too.

I PM'd ZachS a while ago and he asked that any other viewers having this problem with KJRH in the Tulsa DMA, please PM him so he can get this escalated.

Well a request was turned in but it's still not working. It seems only the 722 can't handle whatever is screwed up in the stream. Any other OTA tuner works just fine. Perhaps it's time to ditch that receiver. Problem is the Hoppers don't have OTA tuners and I don't know if the 722k works correctly. There seems to be no alternative.

I did find another tuner that doesn't like whatever KJRH is doing. I have a 6 year old Olevia 42in LCD at the lake house. I haven't been out there much lately, but noticed this weekend it is having problems with KJRH OTA too. Not as bad as the 722 but enough to make the picture all jerky. My Mitsubishi, LG, Sony and DtvPal DVR tuners are all still ok with KJRH OTA. I'll have to use the Pal dvr's tuner for the NFL opener Wednesday night since my sat tuners will be in use and the 722 can't play KJRH live

I still have the PAL DVR as well and it works great. Seems that your Olevia TV and the 722 have one thing in common: The DTV tuners seem to be outdated. They can't handle certain stream configurations. I just would like to know what KJRH is messing up compared to everyone else. They are the only channel with that issue.
I also have an old Olevia in my boy's room that didn't have a digital tuner yet, but it still runs strong. The PQ is still on par with newer sets.

The Olevia still works and looks great for an early 720p lcd.

I emailed KJRH but didn't hear anything back. Everyone wants you to use facebook or generic contact boxes anymore, so I couldn't send anything directly to engineering and I don't do facebook or twitter. Hopefully someone at Dish and KJRH actually cares enough to look in this.

I noticed starting last Saturday a problem with KJRH, the Tulsa NBC affiliate. When viewing live through the OTA tuner on my 722, the video is stuttering or dropping frames. The video is going frame by frame while the audio is fine. All my other TV and OTA Dvr tuners are fine with KJRH feed. Currently for me the Dish HD feed of KJRH appears fine, although Saturday night the Dish HD feed was having problems too.

I PM'd ZachS a while ago and he asked that any other viewers having this problem with KJRH in the Tulsa DMA, please PM him so he can get this escalated.

I'm having this same problem with KJRH on my 722 OTA, for at least a couple of weeks now. Glad to find this thread, but wondering what can be done.

[SHADOW][/SHADOW]The problem is there's just the three of us in the Tulsa DMA that have that issue, or let's better say the only three on this board. There must be more of us out there, but they probably don't know what to do. I for myself could not locate any contact to KJRH engineering, I looked all over the Web site. Like you said it's been a couple of weeks now but three viewers will probably not be heard. I agree with OSU1991 on that some ways of communicating nowadays isn't what it used to be. Not everything new is automatically better.

Gonna have to check later. Too early in the day to even get a signal down here. I'm gonna check around 11pm tonight. Should be getting 60% by then.

Well whatever the problem was, it appears to be fixed now. Watching the 5pm news and things appear normal again.

Great news! I can now look forward to Sun Night Football again, since I pause just about everything, and speed through the lulls!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)