Problems Receiving 110/119 & 61.5 at the Same Time

lebowski

Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
My Dad's having problems setting up his system to receive signals from 110/119 and 61.5 at the same time and neither of us can figure out why. We're both a couple of noobs so there's probably something basic that we're overlooking.

He has a dish500 (dual LNB w/ integrated switch) which works fine in picking up 110 & 119. He's using an 18" DirecTV dish to pickup 61.5 and is getting nearly perfect signal strength. Both dishes feed into an SW21 switch and out to the receiver, but when we run a check-switch only 110 and 119 are recognized. We can watch the regular channels but none of the international channels from 61.5. If we disconnect 110/119 from the SW21 switch and run a check-switch, 61.5 is recognized and we get the international channels but none of our regular channels. We first thought it was a bad switch so we got another one but still have the same problem. Is there a trick to hooking this up? From what I've been told, it's supposed to be an easy setup. Could someone point me in the direction of a setup guide if one exists. Should I be using a different switch or should I get another SW21?

Please help, we've already wasted a day on this.

hi welcome to the site!

what lnb are you using to pick up 61.5? The DirecTV LNB?

What are the lnbs on the 500? dish pro?

if my assumptions are correct, this would explain the problems you described.

You can't switch a DirecTV LNB with dish pro LNBs and switches.

When using Dish pro, all the switches and lnbs have to be dish pro compatible.

So the easiest fix to this problem is to switch the DirecTV lnb out with a dish pro singe lnb

of course the dish lnb wont fit on the directv 18" bracket, so you'd need a new bracket as well)

All the LNB's are the originals that came with the dishes so yes we're using a DirecTV LNB to pickup 61.5. So it looks like I'll need a dish pro LNB but what exactly do you mean by bracket? Is it that just the arm?

BTW, Thanks for the quick response and the kind welcome.

Yeah, check the LNB on the Dish 500 and see if it is DishPro, if it is, it will have the DishPro logo on the backside of it, if it's legacy, it will have the Dish Network Logo on it.

Lets say the Twin LNB is DishPro

I would get a Legacy Twin since he already has a Legacy single/dual (the Direct one) and a SW21

Its cheaper going that route than having to add a DP21 and a DP dual :)

I'll agree with Ice. get the legacy LNB's as my bet is that he has a legacy 21 switch. If you need a legacy twin I'll trade you for the DP.

oh yeah, that makes more switch, just change the lnb on the 500 then to a legaCY TIWN

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts