Problems recording

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

groovey

Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
Hi Guys!!
I have a quick question I have been running into issues recording certain channels with my Toshiba DVD-R.
The message is as follows.
Service content is copy protected recording has been terminated.:mad:
I spoke to both Toshiba as well as DirecTv and this is what they give me as a run down.
Toshiba is telling me that the DVD is picking up some kind of signal that is preventing it from recording. :mad:
DirecTV is telling me that they are in fact encrypting certain channels and more to come! Infact the customer service rep wasn't even aware of this issue until I told him about it, he had to research the issue and get the answer from his supervisor. They can't even tell me at this time which channels are encrypted.

What the heck good is a DVD-R you can't record DVD and now you can't record channels?:devil:

My question is simply this how can I unencrypt the channels?:confused:

Get a good DVR and record without issue, then edit out commercials (if any) and burn to your favorite DVD brand. This is 100x more compatible than those table-top DVD burners.

Get a good DVR and record without issue, then transfer to your PC to edit out commercials (if any) and burn to your favorite DVD brand. This is 100x more compatible, less headache and is cheaper ($100 for DVR and DVD9 burner) than those table-top DVD burners.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)