Problems streaming HD content

Christopherve7alb

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Victoria BC
Hopefully someone will have a suggestion here. I like to record HDTV programs from my OTA antenna on my PC and I think it would be really great if I could then watch these programs at the TV via my AzBox. I can navigate to the shared folder on my PC from my AzBox but when I try to play video it stutters and lags severely. I can play analog TV that I have recorded just fine and if I copy the HDTV file to a flash drive the AzBox plays it fine too.

Is there some sort of limitation on how large a file the AzBox can play from the network? The video bitrate of my TV shows is about 15 mbps. Any way to overcome this limitation or possibly to automatically copy finished recordings to the AzBox's USB drive via the network?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Well I've done some more testing and I still can't get HD video to play even with the AzBox connected directly to my laptop with crossover cable. Additionally I notice that when I'm trying to copy large files via FTP to the USB flash drive connected to the AzBox I get an "OOPS: child died" error, anyone have a fix?

Well I've done some more testing and I still can't get HD video to play even with the AzBox connected directly to my laptop with crossover cable. Additionally I notice that when I'm trying to copy large files via FTP to the USB flash drive connected to the AzBox I get an "OOPS: child died" error, anyone have a fix?

I would try a fresh install. I don't have stuttering issues until I hit 22 mbps.

"child died" sounds like a networking issue. What build are you using? Have you tried any others?

If you have a large hard drive in your AzBox try downloading the file directly to the receiver and see if it plays... Shouldn't take too long using a gigabyte connection... But I have found the network (hard wired) connection in the AzBox is slower than most so that will be the limitation to bandwidth...
-C.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)