Problems with 129

Macado

Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
I have a 622, Dish1000 and have marginal (50's) signal on sat 129. I have a left over 18' DirecTV dish and LNB that I was thinking about aiming at 129, and daisy chaining with the existing switch. Question: is the DirecTV LNB compatible with the Dish 1000 switch? Could I expect enough gain from the 18" dish to make this exercise worthwhile? Any comments would be appreciated.........Where can I find Az. and Elev. data for 129 and my 10/20? Thanks all....

Styxfix---------If I picked up a dish 300 or 500 would that give more gain on 129 than the 1000 set up now?

I've read about people combining a dish 500 with their 1000 to get better reception from 129.

If the DP single LNB for 129 on the Dish 1000 fits the DirecTV dish, you could try that but I don't know if the geometry is right. Wouldn't hurt to try I guess.

A better solution, if you have access to a Dish 500, is to remove the DP single from your Dish 1000 and mount it on the 500 using an I adaptor. You can then optimize your aiming for 129. And better yet, if your HD locals aren't on 129 and you have a clear LOS to 61.5 re-aim your second dish to 61.5. It doesn't have the periodic drop in signal strength that 129 experiences.

A better solution, if you have access to a Dish 500, is to remove the DP single from your Dish 1000 and mount it on the 500 using an I adaptor. You can then optimize your aiming for 129. And better yet, if your HD locals aren't on 129 and you have a clear LOS to 61.5 re-aim your second dish to 61.5. It doesn't have the periodic drop in signal strength that 129 experiences.[/QUOTE]

Amen Brother. I have done that myself and no more problems with my hd channels.

Pardon my ignorance, but Lyngsat shows that Echostar 5 has all beams on its transponders. Doesn't that imply that only in a narrow range can the bird be picked up ? I've scanned the bird with no results but I do get results from Intelsat 7 at the same location .

:-?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts