Problems with 129?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
"129 is such a POS."

No kidding, I just gave up on it. I had a separate D500 for 129 and now have a D1000.2 and the signal is always low compared to 119 and 110. The only solution at least in our area is to get a bigger dish which I'm not willing to do.

Why does the customer need to go through all this crap just to get HD programming?

Im debating leaving it alone since Dish II is coming. During rain I get slight breakup on 129 but TP27 drops to ZERO.

I might take the pole up one weekend and put a timber in the ground. Mount the 1000.2 on the top and either take the D500 to 61.5 or get a 30" for 129.

Just dont know if its worth it for 6 mo's or so.

I do agree, "why do I have to do this crap?"

Although for the past couple of days its been better for me, the past two weeks have been hell trying to watch anything on 129 here in east Texas. I thought my dish was off some since a patio umbrella rolled into it after a high wind prior to a storm one night about a month ago. But after reading this thread - and seeing I'm not the only one with the Kansas City bleed through problem, tons of "lost satellite" messages, pixilations, and blank screens, etc. - I feel better. I do have an extra "D500" as well as one of the original round dishes. I may try to put a separate dish up for 129, but my question is, what LNB do I need?

Im debating leaving it alone since Dish II is coming. During rain I get slight breakup on 129 but TP27 drops to ZERO.

I might take the pole up one weekend and put a timber in the ground. Mount the 1000.2 on the top and either take the D500 to 61.5 or get a 30" for 129.

Just dont know if its worth it for 6 mo's or so.

I do agree, "why do I have to do this crap?"

Pretty soon we will have C-band size dishes for 129. And still have problems knowing the POS.

"but my question is, what LNB do I need?"

It all depends on the equipment you're using for 119 and 110. If you're using Dish Pro you'll need a Dish Pro Dual LNB. If you're using Legacy then a Legacy Dual LNB.

I've come to the conclusion that no matter what we do, 129 is, has been and will always be a POS. The problem is up there not down here.

Although for the past couple of days its been better for me, the past two weeks have been hell trying to watch anything on 129 here in east Texas. I thought my dish was off some since a patio umbrella rolled into it after a high wind prior to a storm one night about a month ago. But after reading this thread - and seeing I'm not the only one with the Kansas City bleed through problem, tons of "lost satellite" messages, pixilations, and blank screens, etc. - I feel better. I do have an extra "D500" as well as one of the original round dishes. I may try to put a separate dish up for 129, but my question is, what LNB do I need?

You can buy and I adapter and a Dish Pro Dual Single LNB. That way the LNB is centered. It helped my 129 SS a good deal, I feel for people trying to get it with only a 1000.

Wonderful... Except I'm not going to put a honking 39" dish out there. The 24" dish I have for 129 now works well enough that I can watch programming off 129 with minimal (or fairly minimal) interruptions. I can live with it now a whole lot better than when I was getting 129 from my D1000.

Who wants to put up a 39" dish? My Dish 1000.2 works well enough. I don't care too much for A&E anyways.. and it's been better this week. :)

Well, I thought I solved my 129 woes by having a separate Dish installed to pickup 61.5. The installer took down my 129 LNB and installed a separate Dish and LNB for 61.5. (I now have two Dishes on the roof. 1 for 61.5 and another for 110 and 119) No problems since all channels that were broadcast on 129 are also broadcast on 61.5. That was until now!...........

Ohio RSN's STO-HD and FSN-CIN HD launched today exclusively on 129! I'm pissed! Now I can't get STO and watch my beloved Indians in HD!

Does anyone know if and when E* is going to fix/replace 129? I'm seriously considering switching providers if there is no upcoming resolution. Besides, the Cleveland LiL's that I am waiting patiently for are also to be on 129 exclusively. (Not that there is even a date of Cleveland-HD LiL rollouts) Am I waiting patiently for nothing? Where's the resolution to 129?

HDMM,

I have the VOOM upgrade scheduled for Saturday and they are replacing my 110/112 Dish 500 with a Dish 1000 (will request 1000.2, thanks P. Smith) Hopefully this will allow for decent reception from 129, if not I will make them add a 3rd dedicated dish for 129 because I want STO (and A&E HD and Universal HD). Will let you know how it works out.

You should be able to get the Cleveland HD locals OTA in Lyndhurst, as I do way out in Lake County.

HDMM,

I have the VOOM upgrade scheduled for Saturday and they are replacing my 110/112 Dish 500 with a Dish 1000 (will request 1000.2, thanks P. Smith) Hopefully this will allow for decent reception from 129, if not I will make them add a 3rd dedicated dish for 129 because I want STO (and A&E HD and Universal HD). Will let you know how it works out.

You should be able to get the Cleveland HD locals OTA in Lyndhurst, as I do way out in Lake County.

My HD Locals through OTA are very spotty, because of all the gigantic trees that surround my house. It usually is better in the winter.

Please let me know how the Dish 1000 works for 129.

Levibluewa, Lake county is east of Cleveland, OH.

the backup plan for 129 is to put echostar 6 in its spot. I guess since 129 is having to fire its thrusters every half hour. its only gonna last another 2 years due to the fuel situation. Thats the latest from Engelwood.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)