OTHER Problems with Bein channels, with a SeaTel control unit

Pat&Matt

Original poster
Jun 20, 2016
Dubai
Hi everybody, I need some help. We have a seatel dish installed on ship which is controlled with a SEATEL DAC 2200 unit.
I am trying to catch Bein channels on Arabsat 26E. Problem is I am catching more than 100 free channels except these ones.
My settings are below:

The settings on the dish control unit are:

SAT: 26E
THRS: 1850
FREQ: 1430
NID: 0000
AGC: 2100

Baud: 27500
Tone: Off
Volt: Vert
Fec: Auto

Polang type: 0072
Pol offset: 0155

So these Bein channels are on 11180V. I have dual LNB 9750/10600, so to get freq 11180 - 9750 (tone off) is 1430.
Also cabels on multwitch are connected on Vlow. I am catching NID 02BE what means I am on correct sattelite and AGC is high.
I don't understand what am doing wrong. SKEW parametar I don't have on this version Of SEATEL DAC 2200 uNIT or it is called other name ?
When I am changing frequency I always have same channels. What is with this pol offset parameter, in manual is written that must be 0030 , I have
tried but without success. Please can somebody try to help, because I don't know what parameter to change anymore.

If adjusting the Pol(arity) Offset does nothing to the channels you now get. (it should make them 'disappear') Could be the Polarizer servo or the wiring to it (or the controller itself)
I have dual LNB 9750/10600 - Is mounted to the feedhorn/Polarizer.

With the pol offset 155 I am gettin some free channels, so I change offset for example on 30 and I also get some free channels ,some same ,some different, but not channels I want. How can I know what is offset for channels I want, is it possible somehow to calculate it ?
Also pol scale is 90, in manual says it should be like that and never to change

There are only two polarities ( horizontal and vertical). Is the 155 skew setting providing an optimized signal quality? Maybe the skew is set between horizontal and vertical and weaker transponders cannot be received?

Unfortunately, you haven't provided enough channel information to make an observation of what satellite you are on or how the skew change affected the polarity received.

Maybe compare the channels that you are receiving to the channels on Lyngsat.com? This might help you determine what satellite the dish is on and the current polarity.

SeaTel support also should be able to assist. Most of us on this forum are in North America and cannot receive that satellite as it is below our horizon. We are not familiar with which channels you should be receiving from that satellite in your location.

tnx for reply....So I want to catch 11547V, 11585V, 11623V, 11642H, 11566H, 11180V,11669V, 10770V, 11084H, they are all DVB-S2 8PSK 27500 2/3.
mY location is 25N , 55E and I am on arabsat sattelite 26E. From this, I calculate freq for get corresponding NID 2BE, baud is 27500, FEC 2/3 and polarization is vertical or horizontal ,depends on channels (transponder) I want to watch ( Volts HORZ or VERT I set in DAC unit ).
This POL OFFSET are in setting parameters and it was set 155 ( I don't know what this number means ). When I change this number on 30 or something else I loose channels and find some others. But in any case I can not find channels on transponder which I mention above.
What I am missing, what I am doing wrong ?

POL OFFSET is critical as the skew setting must match the satellite position so the vertical and horizontal probes in the LNBF are oriented to the same angle as the target satellite signals. I just calculated the skew for Dubai, UAE on DishPointer.com and it is 46.1 degrees.

07e7237116fa987182d6ee66410bfdae.jpg

I believe your skew setting is the problem. If the LNBF was installed correctly, the 155 degree setting would place the skew between the horizontal and vertical polarities and result in receiving both polarities poorly. 30 degree setting is closer to the correct skew, but still 16 degrees from the actual skew calculation for Dubai. Might try the calculated skew of 46 and blindscan again.

If still having problems, SeaTel technical support might be the best option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts