Problems With Certain Transponders

codee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 3, 2005
Twin Cities, MN
Good Morning everybody -

I have a general question I guess about my system. On June 15th, I had 2 dishs installed for 3 satellites - 61.5, 110, and 119. They gave me a DP34 switch and its run to a 942, and 2-811s. The past few days I have been having problems with a few of my channels, but the weird thing is that it seems to only be the channels on sat 119 transponder 2. Most everything else on all sats/transponders is well over 100, some are at 124. For some reason though transponder 2 on 119 gives me a reading of about 26.

I called dish, and they said to call the company who did the install. I then called them and they think the switch may be bad already. Does this seem likely so soon? (less then 2 weeks) I thought there was a problem from the beginning actually, as the pointdish screen behaved oddly compared to my neighbor who also has dish network. For example, when I pick a satellite and transponder, It usually takes around 10 secs or so to get things figured out. It will say stuff like "not locked, Wrong Sat-Unknown, It will jump from over 100 to under 30, and when it would finally say "locked on Echostar 119 West, the signal would still vary +/-10 or so and would become not locked.

I don't know anything about this, but why would everything else come through ok, and get ok signal except transponder 2 on 119? Does this sound like a bad switch or bad aiming job?

Thanks!

could be anything really, could be a bad connection, improperly rated cable, bad DPtwin or dual, or a bad 34, start by changing the 34, than the lnb, if neither works start checking connections. This includes all ground blocks must be rated( blue core), wall plates, and barrels( should not be any) in between the dish and the receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)