Problems with Epix recordings

JeffMo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
Missouri
Using a 722k receiver. I set a timer (either via the receiver or Dish Remote Access) for Star Wars on Epix which is scheduled to air at least one day from the current date. The timer shows in scheduled events. The next morning the timer is gone. This had happened several days in a row so yesterday I set TWO timers on Epix, one for Star Wars on Saturday and another for a different Epix movie airing Sunday. I checked the timers this morning and the Star Wars timer is gone but the other movie timer remains.

Another scenario. I had recorded Star Wars several weeks ago and it appeared on my DVR recordings list. Sat down to watch it over the weekend and the recording had disappeared. Checked the event history and yes it was shown as having been recorded. I did not erase it, the wife does not operate the receiver and there is no one else in the house--so I cannot blame it on kids, guests, etc.

FWIW, I lost a recording of Iron Man via Epix in the same fashion. I recorded it again and watched it the same day to avoid losing it again.

Yet another scenario. I recorded Raise the Red Lantern from Epix several weeks ago. Noticed it was showing today on Epix. Checked the DVR and could not find the movie--it had also disappeared. Reviewed the event history and it showed the movie had been recorded on June 25th. None of the missing programs showed as having been deleted in event history.

I can't be certain other Epix programs haven't been erased, but I don't believe so as there are a number of Epix recordings which remain on the DVR. In any event, I have not noticed any problem with any programs recorded on any channel except Epix.

Edit: There is plenty of space on the DVR so that is not an issue.

Anyone else had a similar problem? Any ideas as to what is causing this?

Hit "DVR" button three times. Scroll the list backwards and forwards searching for dropped Timers. If there, does it give any information - skipped, deleted or conflict?

If it is not on that list your hard drive is failing.

You might be able to work around it by choosing a different channel assignment. Epix has 3 channel assignments.

Hit "DVR" button three times. Scroll the list backwards and forwards searching for dropped Timers. If there, does it give any information - skipped, deleted or conflict?

If it is not on that list your hard drive is failing.

You might be able to work around it by choosing a different channel assignment. Epix has 3 channel assignments.

Ok guys yeah it was Star Trek and not Star Wars. :) I had already searched the timer list and found no problems. All events showed as recorded with no skips, deletions or conflicts. I cannot locate any additional Epix channels other than 380 and 381 via the program guide.

I am now in the process of transferring a bunch of recordings to my EHD, however, I find it strange that the problem only occurs with Epix recordings. I should note that if I set a timer to record a program the same day it is playing there is no problem recording it...timers are only deleted if scheduled in the future. Makes me wonder whether the erased timers and possibly deleted recordings are related to the nightly updates. I have now set all recordings as "protected" as the default.

Last edited:
No. I was first kid on the block with a 30 hour TiVo. Got it around the turn of the millennium. It is on its fourth hard drive. When it starts deleting things on its own, it is time to order a new hard drive and transfer whatever can be saved.

With TiVo there are programs such as Bless Tivo and MFS Tools to make the transfer seamless. Plus, it has Linux under the hood so programming is easy. As far as I know there are no such options for the 722.

You are probably leasing yours. If you do not have it already, get the protection plan. Then make arrangements to swap for a new one.

My TiVo Desktop automatically transferrs programs to my PC through my home network daily.

After each recording, it automatically moves the listed programs and deletes the one off the TiVo to leave room for future recordings - Very Sweet.

Dish should buy them out and use it.

No. I was first kid on the block with a 30 hour TiVo. Got it around the turn of the millennium. It is on its fourth hard drive. When it starts deleting things on its own, it is time to order a new hard drive and transfer whatever can be saved.

With TiVo there are programs such as Bless Tivo and MFS Tools to make the transfer seamless. Plus, it has Linux under the hood so programming is easy. As far as I know there are no such options for the 722.

You are probably leasing yours. If you do not have it already, get the protection plan. Then make arrangements to swap for a new one.

Perhaps my hard drive is dying which would explain the deleted recordings, however I still don't understand what that would have to do with the timers not firing for programs set to record in the future. :confused:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)