Problems with India call center, exec office take note.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
There is definitely a problem with the India call center that Dish network uses and its not an isolated issue. In any given day now, usually every day I will have 2 - 4 customers both new and existing that complain about the CSR's who dont speak understandable english and the frustrations they encounter in dealing with them. I am always sure to ask them if they know what the accent sounded like and almost all say either Indian, the guy who runs the quicki mart on the simpsons, or they're doctor. Some are not happy with talking to the India call center, others are frustrated and hang up to call back as much as 4 times to try and get through to someone that as they say " speaks english I can understand", and a few but a growing number are talking about switching to another service out of frustration at not only the language barrier but also at the rude behavior and lack of knowledge that the encounter with this call center.

Im sure that people understand wanting to save money but there is obviously a line that has been crossed when customer service and support is falling by the side of the road at the expense of trying to save a few dollars.

I know this has been said several times before but when I show up to a customers home to either install or address a service call / trouble call issue Im finding that they are seeing me as a sounding board for the actions of the company and of its business partners as a whole.

My encounters with the Indian call center have been horrible. I end up spending a lot of time on the phone and they have never been any help at all. The last few time I have ended up asking for the cancellation department just so I can get to someone that can speak English and actually has the ability to help. Other customers that I have talked to have had similar complaints. If all you want is something very basic, they can help, but anything that requires a little effort or thought they don't seem capable of doing. I don't know if it the language barrier, lack of training or lack of understanding, but no matter the reason, it is poor customer service. I recently had a billing issue with Dish. I spent hours on the phone, much of it with the Indian call center. I wasn't getting anywhere. In frustration, I called my credit card company and told them that the charge from Dish was in dispute to see if this would help resolve the issue. The credit card rep said he couldn't understand how Dish was ranked number one in customer service as he had Dish too, and had found them to be horrible. I can't imaging that cable or D* could be any worse at customer service. I hope Dish will address this. They have a good product, but the customer service has to be chasing people away.

Charlie dosen't care Rupees are much less than Dollars. He has already calculated that he will save enough money in CSR costs that the number of customers lost won't matter.

He is missing out on the issue, theres enough corn fed red blooded farmer johns ridin john deere's out there that are getting really pissed off with talking to that call center.

I've heard similar complaints as well. I have to wonder how it's affecting volumes for other call centers though because I know that there are folks on this board that will intentionally call tech support for non tech related issues.

I think the language barrier is one thing (I've experienced it personally), but it wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so rude. I refuse to talk to them and will go straight to tech support now too.

ChetK said:
...I refuse to talk to them and will go straight to tech support now too.
One would hope E* would get the message and take timely action to correct it. I fear, however, that such action will be either to further insulate the techs from the calls that are now heading there way, or move that function to India as well...

nsafreak said:
I've heard similar complaints as well. I have to wonder how it's affecting volumes for other call centers though because I know that there are folks on this board that will intentionally call tech support for non tech related issues.

I just hate to see how many coustomers dish is loosing over this. the one's who dont know about the american techsuport option.

To all the fairness, it is not really a Dish related issue. Nearly every sizable company these days are utilizing the off-shore service. In some fashion, not only the cost of doing business pushes you to that direction, but also the "social presents" to being a Fortune 1000 company "needs" such "global economical" image....... Not only the language is the issue, the knowledge too. Some of those so call "call center" or "help desk" in India, handles more than just one US company. All they do is reading the scripts all day long. I supposed that I should give them the credit by reading the right scripts to the specific incoming calls.......

Just my two cents to vent my frustration.

outsourcing

A lot of companies are outsourcing nowadays. Being a tech, though, I have the convenience of saying to the person on the "oops" and hanging up the phone and call back to get some a little better. :devil:

dishguy15022 said:
A lot of companies are outsourcing nowadays. Being a tech, though, I have the convenience of saying to the person on the "oops" and hanging up the phone and call back to get some a little better. :devil:

Good plan. I do the same. Not as a tech but as a consumer. It's bad enough to have to wait on hold to talk with someone. It's a complete waste of time to continue a call you know is going to be non-productive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts